ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Change Design Issue

Forums: Post Migration Items
Created on: 10/30/21 04:12 PM Views: 148 Replies: 10
Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 4:12 PM

I am assuming the right hand column, and background images are part of the Design. Recently, the column containing historical dates info, etc. disappeared. Additionally, my background disappeared, and Change Design is not working.
Any idea how to heal these issues?

Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 9:48 PM - Response #1

I see spiders and green ghosts so it looks like you got it all working.

This day in history does pull from the home page right hand modules section. I see you have it lower down on the right hand side.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, November 6, 2021 at 4:31 PM - Response #2

Edd Clark wrote:

Any idea how to heal these issues?

I like the way you phrased that!

A quick look at your site shows falling leaves. You must have a lawn crew or crunch as you scroll down the site. Cool

Friday, November 19, 2021 at 11:51 AM - Response #3

Thank you, Gwen. In the process of Changing Design, I have managed to loose my background again. I will keep trying, but really have no idea what is happening to cause it. Any help will be appreciated.

Friday, November 19, 2021 at 12:32 PM - Response #4

I see your background, the cars. I can see the falling leaves too. I also saw your ghost background and the falling spiders the last time you posted that you were having a problem. You are using animated GIFs for your background. I wonder if that has anything to do with your inability to see it on your computer when trying to change the design. Someone with more computer knowledge will have to give you a definite answer to this.

I sent you a private message when you asked about this issue in Oct. Did you receive it?

Friday, November 19, 2021 at 2:51 PM - Response #5

Looks like Change Design has exactly the same bug in "classic" as "responsive". Yes, it destroys your background setting. In Responsive it also messes with a bunch of other settings. Very annoying. Pretty sure it won't be fixed. No comment from CC when I reported this at least a month ago.

I just wanted to change some wording which can only be done via Change Design and was shocked when I had to redo the whole design. Responsive has a lot more options, so it was much more than just restoring a background.

Friday, November 26, 2021 at 11:25 AM - Response #6

Thank you, Debbie. I rarely use Facebook, but will friend you this morning. Still can't figure out what is causing not being able to Change Designs. It isn't the animation, because I have used that in my design for years, also you were able to see the car moving. I'll keep working on it, and let you know if I get it worked out.

Edd

Friday, November 26, 2021 at 11:28 AM - Response #7

Thank you. I haven't tried changing to Responsive, but will do so, as there is no other place to go as far as I know.

Edd

Friday, November 26, 2021 at 5:52 PM - Response #8

I didn't send the message through Facebook. I used the email option here on the Forums. Look at the top of the page, under the chalkboard image. Inbox is the 4th option from the left.

We are using the same design. I'm curious, but I hesitate trying to change it to see what happens.

Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:50 PM - Response #9

Don't change. You can see how much help I am getting - virtually none. So, don't take any chances. Now I will go and look for that email.

Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 1:00 PM - Response #10

Hi Ed,

Your background and falling leaves are on the site. I believe someone else in support was closing this because they weren't seeing a specific issue and thought you had moved on to discussing items with other admins which happens in many forums.

Can you let me know the exact issue that is happening? I have changed your design and changed it back and it maintains the background and the falling leaves.

Jack's issue with the responsive design is separate from your design and something the programmers are looking into.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.