ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Connection Announcement

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/24/15 10:33 AM Views: 1051 Replies: 5
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM

So many problems since I linked to the Class Connection/Facebook set up.

1) Once I've logged in to Facebook I'm taken to my Notice Board page but it's still called What's New on the Class Connection App. This is confusing people.

2) Why can't I see any of my website's Home Page right hand column features?

3) On my website's Preferences page I selected 'Show Class Connection announcement in right hand modules' but don't see any changes in the right hand column. What should be there?

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 3:37 PM - Response #1

1) Because classmates can cross classes, and even entire schools, on Class Connection we use a consistent name for the What's New page. Otherwise visitors would potentially get all kinds of different names and that would be confusing.

2 and 3) Sounds like you are seeing the mobile version of the web site. That only happens if you're using a very small screen resolution and/or have increased your magnification in some regard to make things too large to fit on the page. On the mobile interface your modules are at the bottom of the What's New page. There simply isn't room on mobile devices to have left and right panels so as you can see, these are not present for mobile. Try setting your computer resolution to 1366 or higher to see the normal Class Connection interface. Most laptops sold today come with a minimum resolution of 1366. Most desktop resolutions are 1900.

Note though, for very small computer resolutions and mobile devices, the mobile interface will work just fine.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 4:51 PM - Response #2

Brad,

I did as you suggested but the website still doesn't show the right hand modules in the Class Connection App.

What it has done is list the site's pages in the left hand column as they appear on normal website viewing. Before this they were showing under Class Links at the top of the page. Although I only ever use a desktop PC it looks as though you were correct it saying I must have been viewing the mobile version.

Why my resolution changed is beyond me but it seems to have happened. The upside to all this is that the Instant Messaging Members Online window has now returned to view (something I'd mentioned in another post as having been 'lost').

I'll have to keep tinkering with the resolution and see if I can't get the right hand column in the Class Connection App and the Members Online box to appear where and when they should.

I'll be back if I can't.

Thanks, again.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 5:20 PM - Response #3

Brad,

The maximum resolution my PC allows me to use with my monitor is 1440 x 900 pixels. If I use this on the normal website view I get the Instant Messaging Members Online box OK but on the Class Connection App I don't (should I?) and I still don't see the things like the Log In box etc in the right hand column that I normally see on my website.

To the far right of the Facebook site I'm seeing a column showing Recommended Games, Suggested Groups and Trending Among Friends, which I neither need nor want. Is this a problem with my Facebook settings rather than Class Connection?

Any advice from anyone on how to remove them would be useful and appreciated.

Edited 03/24/15 9:52 PM
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 9:49 PM - Response #4

Update -

I've found a way to remove the annoying items on the right hand side of my Facebook page. If they annoy youas much as they annoy me then try F B PURIFY which you can find and download by Googling it.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM - Response #5

There is no Instant Messenger on the Facebook app.

There is no login box on the app. There is no need for one. Your Facebook account is your login. Perfectly normal.

Yes, the ads on the right are Facebook's. We have no control over their ad panel. That's how Mark Zuckerberg made a gazillion dollars (and counting).

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.