ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Training Video #11: Easy Join

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/06/14 02:46 PM Views: 1816 Replies: 10
Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM

If you're going to be using the Class Connection app here's a must see video (a little secret is revealed in this video too):

Watch the Easy Join video here: http://youtu.be/jNGCDtqeoyU

As you can see, joining the app is now easier than ever. Selecting the school, selecting the year, verifying your account, etc. are all eliminated. Classmates can still join as usual using the regular app link (http://apps.facebook.com/classconnection), but clearly it's far easier to simply click the new "Class Connection" link under your Member Links from your web site.

The most important point is this: Either join method will work fine. The new link is easier so I recommend you point your users directly to the new Class Connection link for best ease of use.

This just in: After enabling the app you can now also elect to display a Class Connection right-hand module announcement. You can turn this on or off at your leisure.

Edited 03/06/14 2:47 PM
Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM - Response #1

I just did this for our site and I think you & Jack are brilliant! It was so easy and user friendly. Will you be sending us some sort of announcement that we can email to the class? That would be very helpful.
Thanks again

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM - Response #2

Yes! That should be coming next week. We're in somewhat of a "soft launch" currently. Just hammering out any final issues before we drop a lot of traffic on the system. Stay tuned.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM - Response #3

Was able to join last night after your announcement during the TAP Chat. I have a survey showing at the bottom of APP that's not on my website. I've marked inactive. The other is at my 50th Reunion Details tab
Any help or is this the wrong place to ask.

Like the ease of joining -getting ready to send message to committee to preview before we send an all Class Email.

Edited 03/06/14 3:23 PM
Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 4:22 PM - Response #4

There's a couple of Reunion and Survey issues we'll be tweaking in the next few days prior to releasing our launch email. Stay tuned.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM - Response #5

Thanks,
Another item that's frustrating to me.
I manage two websites so If I want to go into one it comes up automatically. If I want to go to the other while I'm in Class Connection I have to go through the process of entering a name, then scroll down for the year each time.

Could this not be a drop down window for a list of those websites you are members of?

I joined my second website from the quick way from the WichitaWest62.com website and it went to the first one I joined.

Any solutions or is it in a Video?
kk

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM - Response #6

Currently you can only tie one class to your Facebook account. When we get to it we'll create a "Change Identities" feature for people who belong to two or more classes. In the meantime you need to administer your 2nd or more class from the Class Creator side. If you really want to administer the 2nd and beyond class from Facebook right now, you can create a second Facebook account using your same name. Not an ideal solution obviously, but it works and at least one person has done that so far. We'll get to the Change Identities feature as quickly as we can.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 12:56 PM - Response #7

Brad,

Attempted to find an announcement you referenced would be forthcoming. No luck -- can you please help me locate it.

Thanks much.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 9:48 PM - Response #8

The video is located here: http://youtu.be/jNGCDtqeoyU

Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 11:38 PM - Response #9

Did you ever send out to the site admins a sample announcement letter describing the Class Connection app for distribution to site members?

Thanks

Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM - Response #10

Here is a copy of the current suggested classmate invite. This email goes out to all new Class Administrators. Most Admins modify this significantly but it's got the fundamentals.

-----------------------------

You've done a lot of hard work setting up your web site and now you're ready to invite your classmates. Below is an email you can copy and paste -- just modify as you see fit.

When you're ready to send click the Email the Class feature, select your own email provider, and paste and send the message. Note you can not send emails through your web site to classmates who have not yet joined. Once your classmates join you will be able to email them as a group directly through the system without utilizing your local email provider again (your local email provider is only necessary to get the initial invite email out).

--> copy, modify, and paste the email below to your classmates

Hello classmates!

We have a brand new web site exclusively for our class! There are two ways you can join us:

Visit our web site at and click the "JOIN HERE" link in the gray box in the upper right corner. Follow the directions on screen.

Join our class via the Class Connection Facebook application! If you are a regular Facebook user this is a great way to participate from a platform you're already familiar with without having to create a separate account on our class web site. Our Facebook link is http://apps.facebook.com/classconnection. Select our school name and class year, then follow directions on screen. Participating with our class through the Class Connection Facebook application is safe and secure, and no private data whatsoever is shared with Facebook. Your privacy is our top priority.

IMPORTANT: Whether you join via our private web address or through our Facebook link you are accessing the exact same system and the exact same class data. You can decide how you wish to participate (you can even try both if you wish and see which you prefer)! The only difference between the private web site and our Class Connection Facebook connection is class notifications on the web site are sent to you via email, and class notifications on Facebook are sent directly to your Facebook globe notification icon (the Class Connection app becomes a seamless part of your every day Facebook experience).

We look forward to seeing YOU inside our class. Join us today.

--> end copy and paste above this line

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.