ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Connection

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 01/08/15 04:34 PM Views: 1776 Replies: 16
Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Hi,

I have a quandary. I am a member via Class Creator of the Mason City High School Class of 1960 site. www.masoncity60.com. I joined Class Connection via that site and when I go to the Class Creator site and click on Class Connection under Member Functions I am directed to the Mason City Face Book site.

However, I am also the Admin for the Limestone Community High School Class of 1960 site and ,therefore, a member of the site. www.limestone60.com. When I go to the Limestone Class Creator site and then click on Class Connection under Member Functions I am directed to the Mason City Face Book site and NOT the Limestone Face Book Site. How do I fix this.

Another problem. When I am on the www.limestone60.com site, on the right is the Try Class Connection option. When I click on that the Mason City connection comes up of Facebook. Also, when on Facebook and I click on Class Connection, the Mason City connection is openned. So, it seems I can't register myself with Class Connection and/or the Limestone connection is not working. Or,is it not possible to use the Class Connection in conjuction with two Class Creator classes?

Thanks,
Lee Gilmore

Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM - Response #1

Class Connection only binds to one default class (as you've noticed). So no matter where you click a Class Connection link from, or even if you go directly to the main app link http://apps.facebook.com/classconnection, you're always going to go to your default class.

To become a member of more than 1 class on Class Connection, just click your "My Account" link (in the flyup menu under your Master Photo). From there you can join up to 10 additional classes. As you join more classes you will see all of them listed there under My Account. You can then easily bounce around t any of them.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 5:11 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the info. Now, How do I change my default class? Somehow I must remove Mason City as the default and change the default to Limestone. Then I would go ahead and add additional classes. Lee Gilmore

Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 5:18 PM - Response #3

And, where do I find my master photo? I think it would be best if I could reset my default Connection with Limestone and not Mason City and then go from there.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 5:40 PM - Response #4

I reviewed training video # 1 and found that my profile picture should show up on Classmate Connection with in Facebook. It is not there. Should I just remove the Class Connection app on Facebook and start over again?

Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 5:46 PM - Response #5

I deleted you from the database. DO NOT go back to the app. Just go to your regular Facebook account, click Settings, and go into your Apps. Now delete Class Connection. Once you're sure Class Connection is gone go to apps.facebook.com/classconnection. You should see the initial join screen again now. Go ahead and join and take it from the top.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 6:34 PM - Response #6

I am about to give up. I got rid of the app in my Facebook account. I then started over and got Limestone set as my default account. I then went to the Mason City Site and clicked on join Class Connection. That worked. Still have problems. When I go to Class Connection in Facebook the Limestone Class Connection opens fine. Does the same on the Mason City Site. However, On my Limestone Class Creator site when I click on Class Connection I get the Join School page. Don't know how to get around that to cause Limestone Class Connection to properly open. Also, you earlier said I could add a class by going to the fly up on my Master photo. That does not seem to exist. I assume you were referring to the master photo on the Class Connection page. Thanks Lee Gilmore

Friday, January 9, 2015 at 11:04 AM - Response #7

Are you possibly logging into Facebook with two different Facebook accounts? Are you in a different browser sometimes? In one browser are you not logged into Facebook (this would cause the join screen to appear). Unfortunately what you're describing doesn't make sense to me.

Class Connection only binds to one class. Thus no matter where you access Class Connection from (from any link anywhere, by going directly to the app link, etc) you're ALWAYS going to get your same default class. For that not to be the case you must be logged out of Facebook or possibly logged into Facebook with more than 1 Facebook account.

Try this: Make sure you're using the same web browser. Make sure you're logged into Facebook using your regular Facebook account. Now go to htttp://apps.facebook.com/classconnection. You should see your default class here. Again, it's literally not possible to see anything else (as long as you're logged into Facebook, and not trying this with two different Facebook accounts).

Finally, under your Master Photo (yes, in the Class Connection app) you have a flyup menu with all of your link options. Click My Account. From here you can join up to 10 classes and switch back and forth between them.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

Friday, January 9, 2015 at 11:28 AM - Response #8

Thanks for all of your help. All is well except for one minor and one major thing. Minor is that sometimes when I open the Class Connection app via my Limestone site I get the select school page rather than the actual Class Connection page. To correct that I merely go back to the Limestone site and hit Class Connection again. It then loads fine. I can live with that.
Major is that there is no fly up menu connected with my Master Photo. To the left of the photo is my name with a drop down that lists Admin Tools, Edit Profile, Edit Contact Info and Easy Invite. Directly below that to the right of my school name is "visit another class". Please go to my Limestone site and then to Class Connection to see what I mean. Thanks. Lee Gilmore

Friday, January 9, 2015 at 8:10 PM - Response #9

Can you elaborate on what this means please?

"when I open the Class Connection app via my Limestone site I get the select school page rather than the actual Class Connection page."

What is a "select school page"? And what is the "actual Class Connection" page you're expecting to get? What you should get is the home page for your default Class Connection class. Are you getting something different?

I figured out why you're not seeing the "My Account" link. One moment on that.

Friday, January 9, 2015 at 8:24 PM - Response #10

Brad, Sorry about the terminology. The page that would sometimes open is the same page where you join a class. It happens rarely so don't worry about it. The "MY Account" link is also a problem with my wife. She joined Class Connection with the same Limestone60 as her default school and she also has no flyup. Lee Gilmore

Friday, January 9, 2015 at 10:57 PM - Response #11

It's because of your low resolution. At standard resolutions it would be there. It's actually a problem with the mobile interface. I have a fix request into Programming.

Friday, January 9, 2015 at 11:09 PM - Response #12

Don't know what you mean by my low resolution. Are you talking about Screen resolution? If so, mine is set exactly as normal for my monitor (1920 x 1080) but that would not affect my wife on her laptop which is also set properly. What is the mobile interface?

Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM - Response #13

Have you set your fonts or display to be oversized? Trust me, I'm positive you're seeing the mobile interface. That usually only fires at very small screen resolutions, like a small tablet or phone. That's the only interface where the dropdown is to the left of the master photo. By the way, on the mobile interface (the dropdown menu) you should now see your "My Account" link.

Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 9:00 PM - Response #14

Brad, Yes, I now have My Account in the drop down to the left of my master photo. I am running my display over sized at 125%. Easier for me to view things. Are you saying that if I change that back to 100% the flyup will appear although I guess that is rather a mute point since obviously your programmers changed something that gave me the drop down correction. Again, thanks for all of your help. Lee Gilmore

Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM - Response #15

Yes. Standard resolutions will see the standard interface. Smaller (mobile) resolutions will see the mobile interface. Your settings are fine, you don't need to change anything. The mobile interface is fine. It's just a more convenient, readable interface at smaller resolutions.

Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 10:18 AM - Response #16

Brad, Thanks for all of your help. I guess terminology has a lost to do with this; i.e. screen resolution as opposed to display settings and magnification. Obviously, changing the display setting has an effect on screen resolution which I didn't realize. Again, thanks for the help and all that you do for us. Lee Gilmore

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.