ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Two Facebook accounts

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 10/28/15 05:46 PM Views: 1589 Replies: 4
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 5:46 PM

I have an unusual situation. I have two email accounts with different mail servers.
The first one I used to setup a Facebook account and the second one that I use for Class Creator.
If I open Facebook with the first one and select Class Connection from the App list I go directly to the Class Connection app -- and have my administrator privileges, but when I log into Class Creator with my Class Creator email account and then select Class Connection I get the following error message:

Sorry Earl, we cannot find your name on the class list. Please use the form below to contact Earl Porter, the Class Administrator, to have your name added to the list.

I realize when I setup Class Connection I linked to the Facebook account I already had at the time, even though it was established under another email address.
Is there something I can do to get the Class Connection link in Class Creator to go to a specific Facebook account instead of one associated with the Class Creator email address?

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

Were you ever able to get this working. Sorry for the delayed reply. If not, I can try to work through this with you tomorrow.

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM - Response #2

Scott,
I haven't tried since I submitted the question.
I just plan on going to Facebook first and then selecting the Class Connection app.

Edited 11/09/15 5:01 PM
Monday, January 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM - Response #3

Scott,
I have revisited the decision of going to facebook first before going to the Class Connection app.
Here is the whole story.
I have a .mac email address and a .gmail address. The .gmail address is the one I use to connect to Class Creator. If I use Safari to log onto the Class Creator site and then select Class Connection I get the Class Connection app as designed. If I use Chrome to log on to the Class Creator site an then select Class Connection I get the message: "Sorry Earl, you have not merged with your existing account on the class list.",but it has my correct photo.
I do have two facebook accounts one was established with the .mac email address and the other with the .gmail address.
Typing in facebook.com in the URL box from either browser gets me to the facebook account set up from the respective browser.
So, I guess it matters which browser is used to access Class Connection since they both use the same email address to access Class Creator.
Another question that arose while trying to connect to Class Connection was where you select View Class List and then Show entire Member List. Where does that entire list come from? In my case the list is far from complete and shows many that are deceased.

Monday, January 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM - Response #4

Could be one browser was using one FB account and the other browser the other one. IOW two different accounts.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.