ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Connection is Changing Class Creator Settings

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 07/01/15 10:11 AM Views: 1453 Replies: 5
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Something very strange is happening. Last night I disabled the old donation module on our class site and enabled the new donation manager. Everything seemed to be working okay except for a glitch with not being able to remove donations from the event planner registration process which I already mentioned in another post.

Once I had everything set on our site in Class Creator, I went into Class Connection on Facebook and disabled the donation module because it was the old donation option which we no longer want to use since we now have the new donation manager. However, I have the new donation manager set to show on the homepage, which it does on our Class Creator site, however it does NOT show on Class Connection. I also have the regular link for our donation page active on our site, but again this was also NOT showing in Class Connection. I fooled around with it a bit, but decided there was no way to make either show in Class Connection, then called it a night.

Then this morning when I went back to our regular site, I noticed two big problems. #1, my event planner link had disappeared, which caused me to panic a bit before I realized it had only been moved. The weird thing is I don't know how it got moved? I'm the only admin for our site and I know I did not move it. #2, the donations page link was missing. It wasn't moved, it was missing. When I went into edit pages the donation link was not there.

So I went into the donation manager and made sure the Donation Page Status was set to "on", (which it still was) and I went back into edit pages and the link was now showing at the bottom. I moved it to where I wanted it and it appeared everything was fine again. That was until I went back into Class Connection. There again, are still no options for making donations unless I turn on the donation module, which is not associated with the "new" donation manager, so I shut it back off. I went back to my regular site and my donations link had disappeared yet again and I had to go through the previous mentioned process to get it activated once more. Thankfully nothing happened with the event planner page this time.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there some sort of glitch with the new donation manager integrating with the Class Connection app? Also, is this just happening because I'm the admin, or could this be happening when a classmate logs-in using the Class Connection App? For now... I'm staying away from Class Connection.

Looking for some helpful insight here.

Thanks!
Bill

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 11:39 AM - Response #1

Yes - there's an odd thing going with donations. You are not the first to report this and CC so far has not figured it out. However, you may have given a clue. It could be related to FBCC code. Idea

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 8:58 AM - Response #2

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Yes - there's an odd thing going with donations. You are not the first to report this and CC so far has not figured it out. However, you may have given a clue. It could be related to FBCC code. Idea

Ok, thanks Jack! At least I know I'm not going crazy now. I briefly tried searching the threads for similar problems, but didn't have much luck as I didn't have a lot of time. Seems you can spend hours here reading through things. Wish I had the time... I'd probably learn a lot! Wink

Bill

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

Thank you for the details. I will share with the programmers. The reason your pages were moved is related to an issue that we are having with the pages disappearing. When a page disappears that we detect should have been on, the page gets turned back on, but placed at the bottom of the list. While we can detect the page was missing and turn it back on, we can't know the previous order in the navigation, therefore it is moved to the bottom.

Hopefully the programmers can get to the bottom of this issue soon.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 5:09 PM - Response #4

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Thank you for the details. I will share with the programmers. The reason your pages were moved is related to an issue that we are having with the pages disappearing. When a page disappears that we detect should have been on, the page gets turned back on, but placed at the bottom of the list. While we can detect the page was missing and turn it back on, we can't know the previous order in the navigation, therefore it is moved to the bottom.

Hopefully the programmers can get to the bottom of this issue soon.

Thanks for the info Scott!

Sunday, July 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM - Response #5

We are just testing the Class Connection app - and the classmate who is helping me just told me that FB changed who can see his photos to Friends of Friends.

I'm going to disable Class Connection until we can get this figured out.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.