ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

More.... not working

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 04/12/17 01:45 PM Views: 1496 Replies: 17
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 1:45 PM

When a comment is long the site shows a More... button. All of a sudden the More... is not working. Any ideas?

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

Let me talk with the programmer.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:37 AM - Response #2

The "More..." option doesn't work on my iPad or iPhone. Very annoying. Lots of complaints.

Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:05 PM - Response #3

Yup, Me too only it does not work in any browser also now!!

Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:31 PM - Response #4

Hi Scott,

What did the programmer reply???

Monday, October 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM - Response #5

The programmer replied over the weekend that this issue is resolved.

Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM - Response #6
'More' Not Working.jpg

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

The programmer replied over the weekend that this issue is resolved.

It may have been at the time, but the problem is back. On a site where I'm a guest, there's a comment where the "More" is not blue, and not clickable.

{Edit} to add screen shot.

Edited 12/17/17 3:39 PM
Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:28 PM - Response #7

Might have been a temp issue? Works for me.

Monday, December 18, 2017 at 6:28 PM - Response #8

Scott, it does appear to be working now - with a longer comment, but... the non-functional 'more' is still there under Dave's comment.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM - Response #9

John - what site am I checking? I can't find it on the http://www.westside-59.com site.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 1:14 PM - Response #10

The comment in question was on the Waseca Class of 1963 site. Dave copied and pasted his comment and that was where the problem originated. The "More" link was not functioning to show the rest of his post. After I typed the remainder of his comment, the blue "More" link appeared and so it does work now.Very Happy

Edited 12/19/17 1:14 PM
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 1:42 PM - Response #11

Okay. Thanks. I found it and tested the more link.. It works for me. What browser is being used where it does not work?

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM - Response #12

It didn't work before I retyped Dave's post. As long as it isn't copied and pasted, the link does work.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM - Response #13

Scott, What I saw was in FireFox and IE, and I suspect it was also in Safari. The original comment was copied and pasted - from Word. Looks like the system found some Word control characters in the text, cut the viewed comment off there, created the More, but didn't make the More an active link since there was no additional viewable text the way it interpreted what it found.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM - Response #14

That text box really should not be copy pasted into from word. I do not know the ramifications. I know that doing so into the editor places all kinds of background code into the editor. I guess I would not have expected that in this case, but since it has the ability to hold a link, it might. I only test in Firefox and Chrome. Safari is not one that we react to since so much of our system does not seem to be very compatible.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 5:34 PM - Response #15

Edge

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 5:35 PM - Response #16

My new computer that I get later this week will have Edge.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM - Response #17

If you can, post how IE works on your new system. Runs like a slug after last update. MS does not want you to use IE Shocked

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.