ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

RSS Feeds Disappeared 3-13-2017

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 03/13/17 04:11 PM Views: 914 Replies: 11
Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4:11 PM

I have several RSS feeds for Word of the Day and Quote of the Day that have displayed properly until today. Today, they don't show, yet the links are live (I can copy the SRC, paste it into a new browser window and can see results)

This occurs on the Home Page the top items on the right hand side. (EDIT: top announcements, DO work, only the right side top RSS feed isn't shown.)

Any thoughts?

Edited 03/14/17 5:26 AM
Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM - Response #1

I see them loading on my end.

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4:17 PM - Response #2

Works here. Probably a routing/connection issue.

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4:46 PM - Response #3

Thanks Guys, I'll check on my end again.

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 5:23 PM - Response #4

This is entered in the "Class Connection Bugs", was this a problem with the FACEBOOK APP? Did it still work for the regular website?

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 8:42 PM - Response #5

No, not facebook, just the regular site. Had been working fine.

For some reason I'm still not seeing it. No new software, no new settings. Thought it might be Avast anti-virus so I disabled it, but still no luck.

I've tried several different browsers, on several home computers, all configured a bit differently, although all run Avast, but with it disabled and the problem still exists, I'm at a bit of a loss on where to look next.

Any suggestions?

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 10:27 PM - Response #6

That makes sense if they all share the same internet connection. IOW, somewhere along the line one of the places is not connecting correctly.

See if you can use your phone's hotspot to check.

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:45 PM - Response #7

Forgot to mention - if a site has connection issues, sometimes it takes some time for it to refresh the routing tables.

There's a rule that's supposed to be followed about how long they can wait between refreshing data, but unfortunately it's not always followed. I had to wait over a day one time.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 5:32 AM - Response #8

I'll see what it looks like tomorrow. Thanks.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 1:14 PM - Response #9

OK, for some reason they are displaying, but at the very bottom of my Home Page, not where they used to be at the top right.

Apparently they were there all the time, but I never thought to scroll all the way to the bottom.

What would cause this and how do I fix it? I'm guessing that perhaps some other change I made above it is affecting it, but after looking it over, I don't see what it is? (But then again, I'm not positive what I'm looking for.)

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM - Response #10

There's no script to put them on the right side. I think you just forgot to copy that part?

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM - Response #11

Got it fixed. Somehow some of the top pieces of the Right Hand Module got deleted, along with the Photo I had at the very top of the Home Page.

I must have bumped something. Anyway, thanks for your comment I think you just forgot to copy that part? That got me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.