ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmates.net & changing "A record"?

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 08/24/15 08:58 PM Views: 1445 Replies: 6
Monday, August 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM

I received an email to add a number to my A record at my registrar. Classnames.net is my registrar (aren't most of our domains registered through them?) I have no idea where to do this. I've searched my account settings and various other areas on that site and I can't seem to find anything called an A Record.

It doesn't help that I'm on a teeny iPhone 5s screen, either. Lol

Help please?

Thank you in advance!

Lori

Monday, August 24, 2015 at 11:54 PM - Response #1

Could be spam from a phishing site since your site is working fine (expires next year) and without an A record wouldn't work. Idea

An "A record" connects your domain name )Class of 1975 ... ) to a Classcreator server.

Probably not from Classnames.net and clicking on a link in that email goes somewhere else.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 7:14 AM - Response #2

No, it's not spam. It's from them alright. Here's the email:

This is an automated email from Class Creator.

Please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.62

This will link your domain name http://www.northamptonclassof75.com/ to your Class Creator web site (Northampton Area Senior High School Class Of 1975), and your domain will no longer forward to your longer Class Creator system address (i.e. your own domain name will display in your browser's address bar the entire time you are browsing your site).

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

You cannot reply directly to this email. If you have questions or comments, please use our contact form.

To change or discontinue these email notifications manage your Notify Me settings.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM - Response #3

Lori,

Since your domain name is already working, you can ignore this message. It is usually sent to those who purchase their domain name from a different provider than classnames.net and it is required that they follow the instructions to get their domain name to work. They would usually work with their domain name providers to change the A Record. But since your domain name is already working, nothing needs to be done.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM - Response #4

Thanks for clearing that up, Kyle!!

Lori??

Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 9:37 AM - Response #5

Lori Reed wrote:

No, it's not spam. It's from them alright. Here's the email:

This is an automated email from Class Creator.

Please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.62

This will link your domain name http://www.northamptonclassof75.com/ to your Class Creator web site (Northampton Area Senior High School Class Of 1975), and your domain will no longer forward to your longer Class Creator system address (i.e. your own domain name will display in your browser's address bar the entire time you are browsing your site).

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

You cannot reply directly to this email. If you have questions or comments, please use our contact form.

To change or discontinue these email notifications manage your Notify Me settings.

I received this very email for a domain name (different from this site) that had been registered at Classnames.net and I chose not to renew it. It is not registered anywhere else. The site is defunct, per se. I do not see anywhere for an A record and I'm not sure what it would do for me at this point.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 5:48 PM - Response #6

You can ignore the email

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.