ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

facebook

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/10/14 09:35 PM Views: 1720 Replies: 18
Monday, March 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I am just getting around to signing up for class connection. I am not really much of a facebook tech so I have a few questions.
1. we already have a site with like 400 members. Do I somehow connect to this?
2. If I do not connect to this can I some how merge all?
3. I am not even sure if I am the boss of our facebook account. How do I find this out?

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM - Response #1

Let me give you both a short and a long answer:

Short answer: Click your Preferences link, and allow the Class Connection app (second option from the top).

Long answer: Visit the Class Connection YouTube channel and watch the training videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCarjDn9H23WXIji1dGAQdww. This may take you about an hour. However, if you're going on Class Connection, I strongly recommend you watch them because all of the info and answers are there.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM - Response #2

Hi Ray, Good to read you are joining us!

Oops.. not TAP, single and multi year sites!

Yikes!

Edited 03/11/14 1:38 AM
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 10:43 PM - Response #3

March 11, 2014: Two weeks agp I used the Class Connection from the Preferences tab on my Home Page checking off the boxes. I am the Root Administrator. Signed up on FB's CC page. However, I am not receiving emails for the Site Admin. My other administrator is getting emails from CC regarding using the Donate button, etc. She stated this started after she signed onto the FB page for our CC site. She is confused about these emails and has forwarded them on to me. Do I need to do something special to receive the emails from CC regarding Admin options on our web page? Thanks, Glenda

Edited 03/11/14 10:47 PM
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM - Response #4

You are not receiving emails intended for the Site Administrator: This most likely has nothing to do with Class Connection, especially since I see your other admin is getting the emails

Let's run a quick test. Add an alternate email to your account (such as a free gmail email account). Then send yourself a message using the Email the Class feature (do this from Class Connection). Did you get the message at both accounts? Or only your gmail account? Or, neither account? Once I know the answer to that I'll have an idea what to do next. My guess so far is the app outgoing address, noreply@classconnection.us, is being blocked by your own email account, going to your spam folder, or your email provider may be blocking it. If the later we'll need to contact them to ask for removal.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM - Response #5

Is there a simple way to see which classmates have joined Class Connection?

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM - Response #6

Scott, YES - go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates. There is a new "APPS" column. One icon is for Class Creator and another icon is for Class Connection.

If you look at YOUR row on the above page, you will see two icons in the APPS column. Most of your classmates only have one icon image.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM - Response #7

So, this is the message that I got in my FB feed. Is something misconfigured? Why doesn't $first_name_s$ get populated?

Morris Blackham joined the Springville High School Class Of 1972 on the Class Connection Facebook app. Check out $first_name_s$ Profile and join your own classmates at http://apps.facebook.com/classconnection

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM - Response #8

Great, thanks Kyle.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM - Response #9

Variable corrected.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM - Response #10

OK. I am way confused on this Facebook thing. So I will just let the questions fly.
1. Is "Class Connection" owned/run by Class Creator? Or is this just a free thing on Facebook?
2. I am getting confused on the multi year thing and admin thing combined. If we allow Facebook will I still get to be the sole controller of facebook for all years?
3. when someone makes a comment of fb will it be seen on our site? If so will everyone see it or just fb people?
4. Is this a private site or public site? I am not 100% sure of all that goes with this but I want to know how it goes.

I know that this should help us attract profiles but I need more info.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM - Response #11

1) Class Connection is solely owned and run by Class Creator.

2) Yes, you will control all years on your multi site just like you do now.

3) All comments made on the app will also be seen by all people on your site whether they personally are connected with Class Connection or not.

4) Class Connection is public. Visibility of your content, of course, is solely up to you, just like Class Creator. Visibility of Profile content is solely up to classmates, just like Class Creator. All security and privacy settings remain exactly the same.

All very good questions Ray, thanks.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 8:31 PM - Response #12

OK Enough of the good questions lets get to the dumb ones!
1. If I approve someone on FB do they get to see all on our site? I am a little concerned with getting people that do not belong.
2. All years controlled from same place? Or can I have co-admins running different years?
3. Public in FB means that all your friends see when you post on fb? Private means only those who are members see posts? I guess I am trying to figure out how many people are going to see my "In Memory" posts. -It seems like that is my main purpose in life.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 10:20 PM - Response #13

Very dumb questions Ray! Wink (just teasin')

1) A classmate of yours is a classmate of yours. It doesn't matter if they're using your web site, or the app. If you approve them to see the class info, then you're approving them to see the class info. The environment they're in is not relevant at all.

2) For now it's all controlled the same way. A new alumni structure is only on the early drawing board. I'll have more on this one later but this one will be awhile.

3) Public on Class Connection means any member of Class Connection can see your stuff. If your In Memory page is marked "restricted" then only classmates from your own class year will be able to get into it.

Monday, April 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM - Response #14

We don't have a facebook page for bearriver66.com. I assume I need to create a facebook page. Does it have to be the same name as the web page, i.e. facebook.com/bearriver66.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM - Response #15

You do not need to create a Facebook page. On your web site simply click Class Connection under your Member Functions heading. Then log in. You'll see everything on the Class Connection Facebook app is in synch with your class web site.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM - Response #16

Good morning. Trying to set up the FB connection. I went to manage classmates, then enter/edit, but I dont see the APP column.
Also, for some reason, yes,.. I am sure my fault! I have 2 things set up for our 40th reunion.
It's been 5 years and I have forgotten how to get this all together! Go figure!
If someone can get me a quick check to see what I may have done wrong, I went to try and delete them, but I guess people have started signing up. Also forgot how to check that. Please help with a little 101 on everything. SORRY... ty Cindy

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 8:12 AM - Response #17

Cindy,

Go to PREFERENCES, look for this section:
CLASS CONNECTION FACEBOOK APPLICATION (recommended)

[ ] Share with Class Connection Facebook application.

check the checkbox.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM - Response #18

thank you.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.