email the class error

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 11/23/16 09:54 PM Views: 769 Replies: 2
Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 9:54 PM

every time I try to send an e-mail I receive the following error:

Oops!

An error has occurred.

This may be a temporary problem!

Please wait 5 minutes, and try your request again.

Should you continue to see this error after waiting 5 minutes, please contact us regarding Error 12301.

Error Executing Database Query. Communications link failure due to underlying exception: ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.ConnectException MESSAGE: Connection timed out: connect STACKTRACE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method) at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:69) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:157) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:52Cool at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:425) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:241) at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:173) at ...
The error occurred on line 859.

the reguarding error number is different every time.

I have tried several time and get this error.

Edited 11/23/16 9:56 PM
Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 3:03 PM - Response #1

Douglas, this is likely related to the issue that ClassCreator is having with one of its servers. Many of us are getting the same error message with other parts of our site, eg, when trying to access the "Preferences" page. They have advised patience; it involves reconfiguring and repopulating the database server and should be completed in "a day or two". Hang in there.

Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:22 PM - Response #2

As of this morning, platinum is mostly working. While we do have some tasks to wrap up tonight, for the most part you should have success with your Email The Class feature today. In fact, I just received a Notify Me message from one of the Platinum site in which I am a member. We apologize for the inconvenience of the server outage and we anticipate that the troubles are now behind us. Thank you again for your patience throughout this situation.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.