ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory Problem

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 01/17/17 12:18 PM Views: 904 Replies: 5
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM

Earlier this year one of our classmates passed and I edited the "In Memory" page and listed him as passing this year. At the time I did not have much obituary information but I used what I had.

This week his sister provided a lot more information. I updated his "In Memory" entry and left the checkmark to notify all classmates since I wanted them to know his obituary information had been updated.

When the email came, it stated a new classmate had been moved to "In Memory". This is not true, all I did was to update the obituary information for a classmate who had already been added to "In Memory".

Shouldn't the system be able to tell the difference between adding a new member and updating information, and then adjust the email accordingly?

Unfortunately I have deleted the email that came so I can't show you proof.

Thanks, Bob.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM - Response #1

Thank you for the message. I will pass the concern along to the programmer.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 11:54 AM - Response #2

Looks like there's a new option when you move someone to In Memory (or update an existing entry). You can choose whether to mark it as an initial move, or as an update.

Since I found it when moving someone to In Memory, I haven't tried the update option yet, and don't know what will show up in What's New or what notify will be sent if that option is chosen. But an initial move sent out the expected notify email.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:33 PM - Response #3

It appears you found the changes just a few hours after we made the updates.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 7:25 PM - Response #4

Scott, please tell us how the new change will work. Thanks.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 4:44 PM - Response #5

You can now delimit In Memory notifications with a qualifier such as "obituary update", or any of your choosing. It merely appears in parenthesis after the person's name in the Notify Me email, it doesn't appear in What's New or anywhere else. To see this in action, go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for In Memory > Edit for one of your deceased members > and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see options for what you would like to specify in the notification.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.