Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate verification on Facebook

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/25/14 09:06 AM Views: 1224 Replies: 1
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 9:06 AM
verify classmate.jpg

See Screen capture att.

Received this in an Email from Joe Flinn.

The following came up. I assumed I would do what it said but when I clicked on "Click to review and verify Joe's Profile now." I got a "NOT FOUND"

Can You let me know what this is about? I was not aware of this process/requirement.
---------------------------------------------------

Class Connection logo    
Roswell High School
Class Of 1965
Roswell, New Mexico

Top Divider

Joe Flinn has not been verified and cannot be seen by other Classmates. Click to review and verify Joe's Profile now. Verification allows Joe to become an active member of your class on Class Connection.

Sender: Joe Flinn
Email: jeflinn@sbcglobal.net
School: Roswell High School Class Of 1965
Roswell, New Mexico
IP: 199.231.118.80
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0

Facebook tells me you need to add my name to their list. OK?????

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM - Response #1

What happened was Joe arrived at a screen we call the "merge" screen. It's where he needs to merge his account on Class Creator with his Facebook ID. If he had used the "Class Connection" link under your Member Functions this screen never appears. But if you join from the regular app link (apps.facebook.com/classconnection) it does. It does become we need to confirm that person's identity before we can allow the merge.

Anyway, at the merge screen Joe needed to select his name from the class list and confirm he was really Joe. Instead I think he thought he needed to add his name to Facebook somewhere. So he emailed you instead of proceeding.

When this happens we put the person "in the lobby" so to speak. They've installed the app, but since they didn't confirm their identify, it leaves them as an unverified member of the app, awaiting the admin to go in and complete the verification for them. It looks to me like you've already done that so you're already all set here.

The one issue I think we have here is the email link should clearly have not clicked to a "not found" page. I'll have a programmer check into that one and resolve any issues found.

Edited 03/25/14 12:12 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.