ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class connection Facebook app on iPad

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 03/19/14 10:03 PM Views: 4209 Replies: 8
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Hi! I have a few questions.

1. Does the app have full functionality on an iPad?
2. When I log into the app, there is a wide strip of ads on the right side, blocking at least a fourth of the CC page. I can't get over to anything on the right side of he page. Is this a Facebook thing, an iPad thing, or a CC thing? Will we always see the ads?
3. When I first joined, I was taken to a page of Next Steps, which I dd not do at the time. Now I can't get back to the next steps link. (Maybe blocked by the strip of ads?)
Are the next steps something I need to do before I send out the invitation to the class?
4. When I click on the Class Connection link from our website, I get the Facebook app. When I log into Facebook directly from my Facebook app, I do not see Class Connection under apps. Why is this? (Also on iPad)

Sorry to make you answer these if you have answered all these questions before. I did try to look through the FAQs.

Thanks,

Sarah

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM - Response #1

1) Yes

2) It's a Class Connection thing. Shortly iPad usesr will see the new mobile interface here: http://classcreator.com/eric/15-admin/mobile.cfm (minus the bearded guy!). Mobile won't have any content slippage issues.

2a) Will you always see the ads: Yes. Those are Facebook's ads not ours.

3) Next Steps link is in the flyup menu accessed from under your photo. if iPad is an issue try a regular computer for now until the mobile interface launches.

4) Facebook app for iPad is an app in itself. I don't believe they have any type of app within an app feature. Not for web apps anyway (I'll look more into this but I don't think so). You need to use regular Safari browser and visit apps.facebook.com/classconnection.

Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM - Response #2

I've had classmates ask about the existence of a Class Connect app for iPad / iPhone.

There is none.

To get to Class connect via an iPad - once you get there, bookmark it in Safari. In the future use the bookmark.

Looking forward to the fix for the problem with the ad strip covering up content.

Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM - Response #3

If all goes well new mobile interface should be displaying on iPad this weekend.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 12:13 AM - Response #4

Thanks so much Brad. I appreciate your quick response. You are, as ever, awesome!

Sarah

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM - Response #5

Thanks Sarah. Smile

Monday, December 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM - Response #6

I am not able to find the mobile app for either my I pad or my android phone. CC works fine so far on my pc and the i pad if I use safari. I don't want to launch it to the class until I understand it myself.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 3:41 PM - Response #7

There is no "app" in the sense you're looking for. Facebook has their mobile app of course. But it doesn't run yet other apps inside their app. The best way to run Class Connection on mobile is simply open your mobile browser and go directly to apps.facebook.com/classconnection (i.e. do exactly what you're already doing -- tell your classmates same).

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.