ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New members cannot join the site

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 07/24/17 06:52 PM Views: 865 Replies: 8
Monday, July 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Classmates have been having trouble joining the website. When directed to the Join Here button below the Log In screen, the Log In screen reloads and there is no access to Classmate Profiles.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 8:42 AM - Response #1

The join box on your site takes them to the missing classmates page because you have Classmate Profiles password protected. Once they log In the Classmate Profile page is accessible.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM - Response #2

Upon initial sign up to join the website, classmates who are first joining the site get to the Log In Page where down at the bottom there is a button to Join Here. When they hit the Join button, they are only taken back to the Log In page. There is no way to choose their name in the Classmate Profile list...it does not even appear in the gray column on the left... in order to add their own email address and password.

I tried joining for them from my end and now understand the system glitch they are getting.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 10:07 AM - Response #3

Here's another way to explain what Jessica wrote.

Since the Classmate Profile list is protected (you need a password)- meaning no one can get to that page unless they are a member - it's not possible for them to get to that page.

The way it works is that if the Profile list is protected the next choice is Missing Classmates.

The way one defines Missing Classmates determines who shows up on that list. That could work if you define them in the Missing Classmates link (under Edit Pages)

"Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates who have not joined the site."

Or you can just unprotect the Classmate Profiles

Edited 07/25/17 10:08 AM
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:06 PM - Response #4

Sounds to me like the Missing page was also protected, or they would not have been redirected back to a login page. It does appear to be unrestricted now though.

Edited 07/25/17 1:07 PM
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:11 PM - Response #5

But they cannot join nor log in because they are taken to the Missing Classmates page only.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:37 PM - Response #6

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the layman's explanation on how we might unblock classmates from joining the site.
As per your suggestion, I did go in and changed the status of the Missing to "all classmates who have not joined the site."
The change got rid of the Missing list screen BUT in it's place, we now have a New Member Invite screen which generates an email to a perspective new member. We're not there yet...
Any thoughts?
Marsha
FLHS'62

Edited 07/25/17 4:38 PM
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:45 PM - Response #7

Jessica,
Can someone please give me a call back to walk me through this problem. I have a 55th reunion next week and time is of the essence in resolving this problem of not allowing classmates to join the site.

As per a suggestion in a forum posting, I have changed the status of the Missing to that of "all classmates who have not joined the site." Although the Missing screen no longer appears, a New Member Invite screen is there in it's place generating an email to perspective classmates who might join.
Thanks,
Marsha Thaler
FLHS'62 reunion
201-791-6327 Home *
201-803-6553 Cell

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 5:15 PM - Response #8

I'm not sure I understand. When I click on "Join Here" on you site next screen is missing classmates. I just find my name and click on that name and the normal registration info comes up. Not sure where you are seeing the member invite screen.

If you mean the wording on that screen, please change it to reflect that they can also join here by clicking on their name.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.