ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Need Help With a Few Questions

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 10/07/15 01:22 PM Views: 2249 Replies: 8
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 1:22 PM

I set up Class Connection on one of my sites a while ago and it is working fine. I now want to publicize it for another site I have, I KNOW I have read this info somewhere but I have been searching for over an hour and cannot find it.

My questions are:

• Where is it that I can say I only want member of my class to join Class Connection?
  • Where can I say I do not want them to register for the website thru Class Connection?
  • If they click Class Connection from the website and they are not currently logged in to Facebook, can I prevent them from entering a school/class/year?
  • what is the very latest video about signing up for Class Connection?
  • Unrelated to Class Connection - why do my bullets and/or numbers show up outside of the box area here?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM - Response #1

FOLLOW-UP - Let me add to this that I do not have a single year listed for the site. Membership does span many years however the alumni "class" is all one. So - if they need to enter a year, what do they do?

Monday, October 12, 2015 at 7:33 PM - Response #2

Nothing on this? It's been 5 days. Thanks.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 2:11 PM - Response #3

[*] Where is it that I can say I only want member of my class to join Class Connection? A: If you turn on Class Connection, then people can join from there. They do not need to be a member of your site first.

[*] Where can I say I do not want them to register for the website thru Class Connection? A: This is really the same as the above.

[*] If they click Class Connection from the website and they are not currently logged in to Facebook, can I prevent them from entering a school/class/year? A: They cannot click the link to Class Connection unless they are already a member and logged into your site. That link resides under the Member Functions that only members see.

[*] What is the very latest video about signing up for Class Connection? A: All of our videos are posted at our Class Connection You Tube Channel.

[*] Unrelated to Class Connection - why do my bullets and/or numbers show up outside of the box area here? A: I honestly don't know what you mean by this question.

[*] Let me add to this that I do not have a single year listed for the site. Membership does span many years however the alumni "class" is all one. So - if they need to enter a year, what do they do? A: If you are not set up as a multi year site, anyone who wants to join via Class Connection will be forced to select the year that you chose for your site. Your only other option would be to convert to a multi year site.

Edited 10/13/15 3:17 PM
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 2:01 PM - Response #4

Scott, I think what you meant to say in your first answer is that this is from FB not CC (if Class Connection is enabled in CC - aka FBCC). "There" implied that it was from CC. Hope that clears that up a bit.

The "bullets" are showing outside the frame HERE. Just look at her post above, it's formatted wrong because of intermingling of LI forum styles.

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

If you turn on Class Connection, then people can join from there. They do not need to be a member of your site first.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM - Response #5

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Scott....

The "bullets" are showing outside the frame HERE. Just look at her post above, it's formatted wrong because of intermingling of LI forum styles.

Thanks, Jack.

Edited 10/15/15 12:44 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM - Response #6

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

[*] Where is it that I can say I only want member of my class to join Class Connection? A: If you turn on Class Connection, then people can join from there. They do not need to be a member of your site first. Followup: Are you saying that someone who is not registered at my site but IS in my profiles listing and IS on Facebook can join Class Connection without registering at the site? They wouldn't see much since I have almost everything password protected. Or - are they brought to the registration/join process on the website?

[*] If they click Class Connection from the website and they are not currently logged in to Facebook, can I prevent them from entering a school/class/year? A: They cannot click the link to Class Connection unless they are already a member and logged into your site. That link resides under the Member Functions that only members see. Followup: OK - this makes sense. So if someone is registered at the site and they click on Class Connection and they ARE a Facebook user what happens?

[*] Let me add to this that I do not have a single year listed for the site. Membership does span many years however the alumni "class" is all one. So - if they need to enter a year, what do they do? A: If you are not set up as a multi year site, anyone who wants to join via Class Connection will be forced to select the year that you chose for your site. Your only other option would be to convert to a multi year site. Followup: I thought I could have "no year" for my single class site? I do not want to go to multi year as all of my members are viewed as "one class" even though they may have graduated in different years. When I began the site I was forced to put is 2012 but that does not appear anywhere on the site.

New question: If I have a group of people who are FB registered and not yet registered at my site, how do they get to Class Connection and is my best bet to tell them to go there? I think if they do they are brought to the following
"http://www.pktalphagamma.com/000/9/0/4/21409/userfiles/image/Class_Connect_screen.jpg" which brings them back to needing to enter a year. I also do not wish for them to view the video because I think it may confuse issues further. Thanks.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 9:31 AM - Response #7

Any follow-up or response to my questions?

Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 5:16 PM - Response #8

They can join the class from Facebook only and still see the same content. It is the same as if they join at your site. There is no difference. It is the same data. If someone is a member of your site and they click on the Class Connection link for FB, then they matched up with their profile in the app so that they can be in the app and have access to their profile on the site. Again, look at this as two ways to access the exact same data. It is all one "system" with two way to access. Your site can be a single year site, but the way our system is set up, we must assign a year to the site. You do not need to have the year appear anywhere. For those on FB that are not registered, I would simply send them a link to your site and have them join. That is by far the easiest way to get started. Get them into the site first and then have them go to Class Connection.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.