ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

"What's New" A Thing of the Past

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 04/03/14 04:45 PM Views: 1217 Replies: 10
Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hi Brad
The Class Connection app has been working pretty much OK since we adopted it. The "What New" button was working just fine until today. Clicking on the button gives me our sites home page. Trying to track the problem down I went to "edit site pages." I found the button not active, so I put it back on and saved it. Previewing shows it's OK. However, it does not work from the app. I also noticed that the position of the button on the page cannot be moved.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM - Response #1

Whoops! Sorry about that, that's us. We're getting ready to make What's New available on the class sites and a new Preferences option was just added. In the crossfire this button is mislinked on the app. Quick fix, one moment.

Friday, April 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM - Response #2

I now have a "What's New" link on our website that works properly. But, last I knew the "What's New" button on the app was still giving me our home page and not "What's New." I say last I new because, this morning the App doesn't seem to work at all.

Friday, April 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM - Response #3

Everything looks fine to me. Link works fine too. No other issues reported with app. What seems to be the problem?

Friday, April 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM - Response #4

This morning, whenever I tried to use the Class Connection App, It wouldn't work. Now the App will open, but pressing the "What's New" link will give me my home page. Another new development since this morning is that I get a small blank popup displayed over the the app page when I press the "What's New" button. The URL follows:
https://www.classconnection.com/index.cfm?is_safari=1&fbuserid=1
"What's New" works from the website, but not in the App.

Friday, April 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM - Response #5

Well, I'm completed stumped. Can you clear your cache and try everything again?

On both sites What's New tab is correctly linking to What's New, and I cannot duplicate the small blank popup issue you're describing. Try pressing your "Reset Safari" link under your menu choices and see if you can repeat this. If you can, do you know how to take a screen shot? I'd like to see an attachment showing the popup you're describing if possible.

Friday, April 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM - Response #6

I did reset Safari to the extent I thought necessary. I kept stuff like passwords. Attached is the screen shot.

Friday, April 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM - Response #7

What is the link to the screen shot?

Saturday, April 5, 2014 at 5:22 AM - Response #8
Screen_shot_#2_2014-04-04_at_7.45.34_PM.png

It's a "png" file sent using Safari 6.1.2. The first time I sent the same file using Safari 5.1.10.
I just noticed that when using the Class Connection App, www.classconnection.com appears as the "What's New" address. Judging by what I see in the other link addresses, the "What's New" link should look something like www.classconnection.com/whatsnew.cfm. Would correcting the link address give us the "What's New" page and not our home page and get rid of the popup at the same time?

Edited 04/05/14 9:42 PM
Monday, April 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM - Response #9

You don't need to do anything. Please reload your browser and report if all is well now.

Monday, April 7, 2014 at 6:33 AM - Response #10

All is well. Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.