ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Who has entered website through Class Connection?

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 04/08/14 01:41 PM Views: 1999 Replies: 10
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

There was an email a while back (which I can't find) that explained how to tell who had entered the website using Class Connection. Where do I find that information?

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM - Response #1

Click your Manage Classmates link, then Enter Edit Classmates. The new "Apps" column shows who's participating from only Class Creator site, who's participating from only app, and who has ability to access both.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 5:33 AM - Response #2

I just discovered a new alumni who joined the website through Class Connection but I did not receive a "new alum" notification. Is this typical?
http://www.claremonthighalumnisociety.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=4750985

Since we keep a list to recognize all our alumni veterans, we missed his name for that honor. While this procedure above is great for a single class year, I have over 1700 registered alumni from 102 classes, so I don't notice when new registrations appear unless I get a message.

I don't see a way to get a list of all veterans short of doing it one class at a time from each roster.

Thanks for advice!
Sharon

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM - Response #3

Ahhhh. I think I see the problem here. Long story short, if you had your Facebook notifications set to Facebook globe you would have been notified the classmate joined via the app. It's set to email though. I think there's a conflict in the script that either emails you from the site, or the app. Right now it's defaulting to site, but this person only joined via the app. Result was no notice sent.

Bottom line: We'll need to fix this. Submitting to Programming.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM - Response #4

AHA! Thanks, Brad! I rarely use facebook so wouldn't think of that.

Is there any way to find out who else joined my site thru Class Connection?? I've had about 1,000 new alumni join since January, so can't research them individually.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM - Response #5

You can click on Manage Classmates and look under the app column to see if a classmate has access to the site, the app, or both.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM - Response #6

LOL! You try it & tell me how you do with my multi-year site. I have 102 classes, 23,700 "not joined" names & 1,769 joined. Over 100 of those joined have come in since January 11 this year, but short of looking at every name, I don't know who they are. Then I don't know if they joined the app from the website or the website from the app. This would be good information to add to the Statistics page.

I LOVE Class Creator & the websites, adore the great staff & customer support, not so crazy about Class Connection but am hoping it will attract younger alumni to the site. Thanks for it all!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM - Response #7

Yea we'll need a better way of see those app stats. Smile Agreed.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM - Response #8

Add it to the looooooong list! Very Happy

Monday, September 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yea we'll need a better way of see those app stats. Smile Agreed.

Has this been addressed yet?

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM - Response #10

It has been bumped up, but not yet completed.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.