ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Disabling What's New in Class Connection

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 01/26/15 06:45 PM Views: 1133 Replies: 2
Monday, January 26, 2015 at 6:45 PM

At the consensus of the class, What's New is disabled in Class Creator. However, I've been experimenting with Class Connection, and I find that it is on that page. Can I disable it there as well? I was surprised to see it since it is disabled in CC; thought the FB page was mirror of that.
I'm still going through the training videos, so perhaps I'll eventually get a better handle on it.

Monday, January 26, 2015 at 9:22 PM - Response #1

At the moment What's New is a default feature on the app. On the app people can readily visit other classes (if admin allows that) and interface consistency is important.

I'm just curious, what are the reasons your class has chosen to disable What's New? There's all kinds of ways people like to run sites and all kinds of needs. I'm interested in knowing what the factors are that lead you to make this decision. Thanks.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 3:19 PM - Response #2

Mostly a privacy issue. Comments left for/sent to an individual but available to be read by others was not appealing. Too much clutter when they just want to see important news.

We will continue to give Class Connection a try. Those using FB will hopefully find it useful.

Thanks for all you do. While I am not a FB fan (bet you guessed that), it is an excellent way to give the FB users a quick way to their CC web sites.

P.S. I'd still like to see the FB app mirror the CC preferences we have indicated.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.