New Topic Subscription Options  

E-Mail the Class -- does not seem to be working

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 09/21/17 08:49 PM Views: 671 Replies: 5
Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 8:49 PM

Thursday 9/21 around 7 p.m.

Hello --
I want to send an e-mail to the class.
When I send a Test to myself, I do not receive that test e-mail. I've tried 2 different e-mail addresses, and it's no-go. Yes, I've received other e-mails from other sources.

Perhaps the e-mail queue needs clearing.
If you thing that this will be operational later, please give an indication of by when -- tonight, tomorrow morning, etc.

Thank you for your great program and support.

-- Fred

Friday, September 22, 2017 at 12:25 PM - Response #1

Still does not appear to be working properly.
I typically send a test to myself before sending out an e-mail to the class.
So far, I've sent a test e-mail many times, and have not received one. (Yes, I checked the spam in-box.)

Any clues ? Thank you.

Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM - Response #2

We have been working on the issue that caused the email server to become backed up. There is a large queue to clear. We are monitoring the emails as they flow out now and hope that we will have it cleared in the next few hours. Please do not resend any previous messages as they remain in the queue and will be delivered. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Friday, September 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM - Response #3

Thank you, Scott.
If you can, please post a message here when you think that things are cleared. Or perhaps if I do get the Test messages, then that will indicate that things are working.

Friday, September 22, 2017 at 10:18 PM - Response #4

Scott, it is 10 p.m. Michigan time, Friday Sept 22. At this time, I received some test e-mails that were sent out yesterday. I have not yet received a test e-mail that I sent out earlier today.

It does not appear that the queue is cleared at this time. You wrote this morning that you were hoping that it would be a few hours. That has not been the case, unfortunately.

Is there anything else you can do ?

Our class is having a small reunion on Sunday. I was hoping to send out a "won't you join us" e-mail Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

If it looks like the Class Creator message program is not going to be operational, please let me know, and I will send an e-mail by other means. Thanks.

p.s. Just realized that the original post is under Class Connection Bugs -- the topic should be Class Creator Bugs.

Edited 09/22/17 10:21 PM
Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 12:26 AM - Response #5

Sending a test e-mail seems to be working properly now.
Finally, that queue is cleared.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.