ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Need to cancel PayPal registration but keep the funds

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 07/17/18 12:35 AM Views: 326 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 12:35 AM

We have a few PayPal registrations we need to cancel, but the registered persons have told us to keep the funds & use it for donations. I have two questions: (1) When you delete the registration but put zero under the refund amount, I assume nothing is refunded? Does it process a PayPal refund for $0.0? (2) What happens to that money in the CC accounting system? Where does it show up? Is there anyway to convert it to a donation?

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:04 PM - Response #1

I have a method that I can use that will make sure nothing is refunded. What is the transaction number?

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 3:35 PM - Response #2

We have two transactions:

(1) #233100 We need to cancel this transaction with NO refund to PayPal. Can the funds be moved to a donation status or do we need to do this ourselves?

(2) #232772 We need to cancel Patty with a PayPal refund of $50. We need to cancel Robby with NO refund to PayPal. Can Robby's $50 be moved to a donation status or do we need to do this ourselves?

Let me know if we need to do anything or if you are doing this for us.

Thanks so much!
Miki

Monday, July 23, 2018 at 5:58 PM - Response #3

There is no way for us to manually move the payment to a donation, however, we can remove the registration so it doesn't add to your numbers and keep the paypal payment. It will show you the following notice when you click on this transaction as it shows the $50 in PayPal but no registration to go with it. I will have to get back to you on the second one.

Transaction ID#: 233100
Name: Rhonda Koplin (MEMBER_ID:4538320)
Transaction Date: 05/31/2018 6:24 PM
Invoiced Total: $0.00
Paid Total: $0.00
We are noting a discrepancy of ($50.00) between the amount of funds that our system believes were paid on this order via Paypal and what Paypal has in their records. Usually, this is a due to a refund that was initiated at Paypal instead of through Class Creator. This will cause the totals to be incorrect. Please contact Class Creator customer support and mention Transaction ID#233100.
Paypal Balance (according to Paypal): $50.00

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.