ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cannot sign into website

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 01/30/17 09:41 PM Views: 1224 Replies: 11
Monday, January 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM

Several of us are having trouble logging into our website. When we try to log in, we get a message that our website cannot be found. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:56 PM - Response #1

When I try to go to your site by clicking on "view site" in the box at the bottom left of your post, I'm taken to a search page, not your site! It's as if your site is no longer active. Is it possible the subscription for your domain name has expired?

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 12:21 AM - Response #2

I get the same thing Scott did. I would guess your domain name expired.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 1:44 AM - Response #3

Yup expired. It's available for registration.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 8:43 AM - Response #4

I agree with everyone else. Your domain name is expired. Renew the domain name and your website will magically appear again.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM - Response #5

Ok,thanks for your responses. Another classmate set all this up originally. I will check with him. Thanks so much.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 3:24 PM - Response #6

Under Admin Functions, there's a link called Register Domain. If you're the root admin, you should be able to see the date the domain name expires. If you're not the root admin, you can't see the expiration date but you can contact Class Creator and they can help you reactivate the domain.

Edited 01/31/17 3:24 PM
Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 3:42 PM - Response #7

I agree. Unfortunately the system is not connected to the Classnames.net system to communicate that data. I have lobbied in the past for a notes / reminder field on this page for that kind of information that would be supplied by the admin. Those details would be very helpful for all admins in the case that the person who registers the domain name has passed away. I will lobby for the feature again.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:37 PM - Response #8

Tina, I'm not the root admin for our site, but I called Class Creator and they gave me the expiration date of the domain name and said I could pay for the renewal if I wished. I relayed this info to the root admin, who then renewed the domain name. Our root admin has chosen to renew the name yearly. I wish she would do it for five years, which I think is the maximum time for which it can be renewed. But maybe that time is even longer. The root admin said she gets a yearly reminder before the domain name expires.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:17 PM - Response #9

Maximum right now is 10 years because that's the maximum time the world Internic domain name database stores.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:23 PM - Response #10

Jack, I knew I could count on you for the right answer!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:34 PM - Response #11

As Scott already mentioned, since they didn't originally purchase the domain name through our system, we don't have access to log on to the domain name admin screens and process the payment for them. That is one of the reasons why we recommend www.classnames.net because the ClassCreator admins can access and help with any problems with the domain name. Since they used a different domain name registrar, they will need to go through them to renew the domain name (or have it transferred to www.classnames.net)

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.