ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Manage Classmates & Yearbook Photo

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 02/26/14 09:24 PM Views: 1147 Replies: 7
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:24 PM

BUG? In Manage Classmates -> Enter/Edit Classmates, the "Yearbook Photo" column seems to randomly display the "photo" icon and "Add", making you think there is no Yearbook photo. Checking the profile, or clicking the "Add" link, reveals that indeed there *is* a yearbook photo associated with that profile.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:46 PM - Response #1

There are several threads following this problem in the "Class Creator Bugs" forum, and they're working on it.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 11:11 PM - Response #2

Thanks John, I'll go look for the other threads...

Monday, July 28, 2014 at 1:57 PM - Response #3

Is this bug still valid. I have a "unique" situation. I have a few classmates that I have entered myself - strictly for printing name tags...so they are NOT on class list and not guests...I have submitted sufficient info, including an email that has been validated (only for the purpose of printing name tags) and uploaded a YB photo. The icon indicates there is none, but when I attempt to add a photo, there it is. So assuming it really IS still there, I cannot get their name to be visible in any event; I include all classmates and also those not visible, but their name is not shown. I'll eventually eliminate ALL the classmates except these for the purpose of printing name tags - once I can see them. How do I see them? Classmate names Peter Webb and Greg Plank for example

Monday, July 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM - Response #4

When you set a member to "Show On Class List = No", they are effectively hidden. Not only from the class list, but from most everything else as well. You can see them as an admin in Edit Classmates and even in Email the Class, but for most other things they don't exist. Try changing one temporarily to a Guest or Show = Yes and see if that works. My hidden test member does have a YB photo, and show a YB icon in the Edit Clasmates list, but I don't remember now how it was set at the time I uploaded the YB picture.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 10:04 PM - Response #5

Thanks...I tried making one person a guest. he showed up on the guest list. When I opened his entry, there was no photo. When I edit classmate, it shows "add" under YB photo. When I go to add it, and 'select photo' it shows his YB photo there already - that's the only place. Now, back to trying to create name tags...I have not added him to any reunion events, and I think that's why I can't see his name there...but if I can't do name tags, at this point, there's no reason to have him there. I'll have to try another vehicle like a MS Word Merge or something. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM - Response #6

Back in February, there were a lot of problems with YB and other photos not showing up when CC was moving where photos were stored. I'm wondering if this is a carry over from that time...
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=FBAB7D08-90B1-1C17-D1BE30E8200A547B

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM - Response #7

bad memories Shocked

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.