ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Start page on Facebook

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 02/26/14 06:08 PM Views: 1795 Replies: 12
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM

The default start page on our site is defaulted to "WHATS NEW". Should this be "HOME" the same as the standard CC page?

Edited 02/26/14 6:09 PM
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 6:37 PM - Response #1

I just visited your site and it started on the home page.

This could have something to do with your cookies. I know that if I refresh it always goes to "what's new". Don't know what causes that, but I reported it to CC/Brad. Shouldn't be doing that.

When I've cleared the cookies for class connection and start over, it has always fixed odd things that have been happening. Don't know about your specific instance.

Friday, February 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM - Response #2

THANKS, I DID CLEAR THE COOKIES BUT STILL REACTS THE SAME. I DID READ YOUR OTHER POSTS AND AGREE THAT A PROBLEM NEEDS FIXING.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM - Response #3

Stay tuned on this. Shortly there will be a way for each admin to set their Start page to What's New, or Home Page, whatever works best in your case.

Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:38 AM - Response #4

09-24-2016. When I log on, I want to go to the home page but Class Creator takes me to "What's New." How can we set the default to the home page?

Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 10:37 PM - Response #5

Hi William,

I answered this in another post too but in case anyone else is looking for the answer here I wanted to post here as well:

Under Admin Functions > Preferences there is an option called:

INITIAL DESTINATION

Take Classmates to the What's New page after logging in.
   Take Classmates to the Home Page after logging in.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 10:49 AM - Response #6

Hi, Can you tell me if we can have FB pages that are for decades. For instance, all the alumni from the 1960's, 1970's, etc. We have an alumni association that has representatives for 6 decades of graduates. They would like to have a FB page for those specific decades, not just a specific class. Thanks.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 4:49 PM - Response #7

We do not know about the FB group pages that are started by members of your class.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 7:25 PM - Response #8

Yes you can create you OWN FB pages for anything you like. It is initiated by the alumni association. Just create the FB page for each decade and whatever else is desired. Pretty open in that regard.

This is all done on FB, not CC.
Joyce Turnbull Reynolds wrote:

Hi, Can you tell me if we can have FB pages that are for decades. For instance, all the alumni from the 1960's, 1970's, etc. We have an alumni association that has representatives for 6 decades of graduates. They would like to have a FB page for those specific decades, not just a specific class. Thanks.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 11:45 PM - Response #9

I thought the CC has a FB link that provides the same security. Can I create 6 different new FB sites thru our alumni class creator site?

Friday, November 17, 2017 at 12:49 PM - Response #10

Short answer - no Smile

I think you mean Class Connection. There is only one Class Connection per CC site. So you would need 6 CC sites too Exclamation

Class Connection is not really a FB site. It's actually your regular site wrapped so it shows up on FB. IOW, the page shows on FB but is not connected to the other parts of FB at all - content is still from CC.

You can jump to other FB sites since the FB links are there, but none of the feed stuff is present in the Class Connection view.

FB sites can be "group" oriented. Meaning nobody else can view that group unless they join the group. That is called a "closed group". You can manually add members to a FB group or people can ask to join. In your case, someone probably should add them manually.

So if 6 FB sites are desired, then create 6 regular closed FB groups.

In either case, all members viewing either Class Connection view or a closed FB site must be FB members.

I thought the CC has a FB link that provides the same security. Can I create 6 different new FB sites thru our alumni class creator site?

Monday, November 20, 2017 at 8:40 AM - Response #11

Ok. How do I connect with my CC site via facebook? I'm just totally confused. I've tried various ways...

Also, how do I see which alumni have access to FB on their CC profile?

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM - Response #12

There is not a direct way to see which alumni have access (signed up) to FB. The only way I know is to search for them by name on FB.

Here are some videos that explain class connection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QzRacsE_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNTG5GXGtc

and original discussion in this forum

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=2A9C8C05-90B1-1C17-D1BEBD70184BAFD3

Ok. How do I connect with my CC site via facebook? I'm just totally confused. I've tried various ways...

Also, how do I see which alumni have access to FB on their CC profile?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.