ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Unable to link Facebook and Class Connection

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 10/08/14 10:32 AM Views: 1486 Replies: 2
Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Okay...here's the problem:

I had 2 Facebook accounts, one of which I just deleted and it was connected using the Class Connection Facebook app. I removed that app...deleted the Facebook account (which will be permanently deleted in 14 days) and am now trying to connect with my other Facebook account. When I log into the class site and click the Class Connection link, I'm taken to Facebook where I login with my Facebook credentials. The Class Connection app comes up and asks me to Join my school. After I locate my school and add my graduating year...I click the Join Class button and get the following error message:

Error occured when processing your request. This error has been forwarded to site administrator and will be fixed shortly. Thanks

I'm using the latest version of Firefox...accepting all Third Party cookies. I have cleared history/cache/cookies and still receive that same error.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM - Response #1

Ah, very interesting...

The short answer to this is Class Connection binds wit your Facebook ID. Since you deleted your Facebook ID you're getting the error message. That's not a friendly error message though and since somebody else will do the same thing in the future thus we need to instead simply automatically untie the account when we detect this, allowing the user to rejoin using the new account as if there had never been a prior tie.

To fix this for now I removed you from Class Connection. Please go into your current Facebook account and go into apps and ensure Class Connection isn't in there. I don't think it will be but please double check and remove it if it is. Now you can go ahead and rejoin your class with the new Facebook account.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 5:20 PM - Response #2

Thank you very much, Brad. All is "golden". I guess we live and we learn. Sorry for the inconvenience.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.