ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Question and Observation re Whats New

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/18/14 11:47 AM Views: 1251 Replies: 7
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Observation: I have noticed on the What's New page that some of the comments are incorrectly identifying whose profile the comment was posted on. This seems to happen where I posted a comment on a classmate's profile and then someone else posted a comment on that same profile after me. The Class Connection is saying that person #2 added a comment on my profile. Naturally, if you click my profile there, you do not see either my first comment on the first classmate's profile or the second person's comment.

My question: I thought I had read something about this but I cannot find anything in my searches. Those things related to reunion registrations do not show up in Class Connection, correct? For example, on the profiles page you do not have a choice to see those attending and if you see that someone had a Profile Update you will not see those comments on their profile re which reunion events they are attending. Am I correct on this and will this change at all?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM - Response #1

I will check on the tracking of comments to original profile.

We will not be incorporating anything from the old Reunion Planner on Class Connection. A new Event Planner is about to launch, and that's the only one that will be supported by Class Connection. I'm sure you noted the old Reunion Planner informational page is shared in the app, so people can see it and utilize it, but as you noted none of the information there integrates into the Classmate Profile page. The new Event Planner is vastly improved so that's where we're putting our efforts.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM - Response #2

OK. Will there be a way to convert our old reunion planner info into the new one when it launches (worth a shot to ask, right?)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 2:04 PM - Response #3

No, any Reunion Planners that are currently started, should be concluded under the current Reunion Planner. There is not a way to move your data from the RP to the new Event Planner. You will get to experience the new Event Planner for your next event.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

I will check on the tracking of comments to original profile......

Any further word on this Brad? I also noticed that the comments showing on my What's New page have not changed at all - even though I know new comments have been added. I still see the same listing that I saw on the first day I joined Class Connection.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM - Response #5

Unfortunately due to a PayPal issue we weren't able to put live the new Event Planner beta. We're waiting on our contact over there. I'm assuming he'll get back to us tomorrow, we can adjust this final item and take the beta live this week.

Can you point me to a new items somewhere on the site you expected to show up?

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM - Response #6

Brad - I'm OK (well, not really OK but I understand) about the reunion planner. My questions are more with the What's New page.

• On the first one listed on my page, I had commented on James Fasanello's page and then Meredith also commented. It is displayed that Meredith commented on my page.
  • Several further down the page it says Victoria commented on William's page. What happened was that William commented on Grace's page first, then Vicki commented onto William's comment, then I commented, then Louise commented. The What's new page says that Vicki commented on William's profile.
  • Others I don't see listed at all are on 3/12 both David and I posted on Frank Palladino's page. I don't see either.

Is it set up that I never see my own comments on other people's pages? Even at that, it is confusing the way the links are shown.

Edited 03/23/14 3:37 PM
Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM - Response #7

One moment on this I need to find out if this is a remnant from before. You're certainly right.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.