ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class mate trying to register off of Class Connection

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/18/14 10:15 AM Views: 1559 Replies: 10
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I get this email that I need to verify a new member

Cindy Reinhart has not been verified and cannot be seen by other Classmates. Click to review and verify Cindy's Profile now. Verification allows Cindy to become an active member of your class on Class Connection.
•Sender: Cindy Reinhart
•Email: cindyreinhart57@att.net
•School: Great Bend High School Class Of 1975
•IP: 107.138.86.227
•User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36
Hi Scott can you add me please thanks Cindy

The thing is she is already a member on our website as Cynthia Svatos Reinhart.

So I think something has gone haywire in her getting hooked up on Class Connection

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 10:32 AM - Response #1

Please send Cindy these exact instructions.

1) Log into Facebook, click Settings, Apps, and delete Class Connection.
2) Log into the Great Bend High School web site and click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions.
3) Click the blue Join Class button, and accept the app permissions.

Cindy is now connected and her two accounts will be properly merged.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM - Response #2

I'm not sure but I think a similar thing has happened. On our website in the logged in box, it indicates 1 member verification. The form has his name and email address but nothing else. I checked to see if he was already a registered member on the website and he is and it shows him with the Class Connection app.

So now there is this incomplete contact form and verification that needs to be done but not needed (I think) since he is already a member.

How do I delete the verification page and remove the 1 verification needed in the log in box?

Is this a glitch?

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM - Response #3

Please hit verify for this member. Now take a look at the class list. Is the member listed once, or twice?

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

After hitting verify, the next screen only shows his name once. When I click on his name it goes into his form. He has not filled anything out and the bottom of the page in the blue Classmate Verification box it says "This classmate has not yet been verified". When I go into Manage Classmates, search his name, he is listed (with a Class Connection app icon showing)He originally registered April 2009 and has lots of information in his profile and on his contact page. Remember there was nothing on the verification page.

On the member list he is only listed once but all of his info is there.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM - Response #5

What's his name?

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM - Response #6

Dennis *A-p-p-a-l-h-a-n-s

Edited 03/27/14 11:36 AM
Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:49 AM - Response #7

Hmmm. I'm stumped. Everything is fine. My best guess is while making a tweak in the verification feature this phantom one showed up. Shouldn't see any more. The classmate is in and verified and merged. All good. Let me know if you see anything like this again please.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM - Response #8

I could NOT deleted the Classmate Verification Needed on the home page so I accepted it and now there are two files for this classmate. I suppose I could now go in and delete the phantom one but I want to make sure this will not cause some kind of additional problem. Hopefully both records are not associated and deleting one will not delete the other. What do you recommend?

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM - Response #9

Oh I see he wasn't in there because he was still pending. Take a look at this: http://screencast.com/t/g2cSEgAuce

You can see here the second account that was created by the app. For whatever reason he didn't complete merge. i deleted the app only account. Please contact classmate and have him do exactly this:

1) Log into Facebook, click Settings, Apps, and delete Class Connection.
2) Log into class web site and click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions.
3) Click the blue Join Class button, and accept the app permissions.

He is not on the app under his lone account.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 12:17 PM - Response #10

Thanks. Hopefully no more PHANTOM GLITCHES Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.