ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Font Choice and Sizing Choice Inconsistent

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 12/04/17 11:01 AM Views: 395 Replies: 3
Monday, December 4, 2017 at 11:01 AM

For quite a while I have noticed that all of the choices that are available under "font" and "size" are not always shown. Sometimes only the first four or five choices appear. I, therefore, must go into "source" to change them to what I want. There doesn't seem to be any special circumstances that bring this on. In fact, sometimes after logging off the site and returning, the choices are all there -- but not every time.

Since I know how to go into source to alter the text, it's annoying but not impossible to work around. Other administrators may not know how to handle this "bug." Please send it to the programmers to check out.

Thanks, Carole

Monday, December 4, 2017 at 11:32 AM - Response #1

Interesting. I don't use Class Connection, but I have not experienced this problem with the editor on the regular CC site, and I do a ton of editing. The font choices that consistently appear are Arial, Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Georgia, Lucida Sans Unicode, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Trebuchet, and Verdana. Font sizes are 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 36, 38, and 72.

Edited 12/04/17 11:55 AM
Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:04 PM - Response #2

Carole's site is RD (Responsive Design). Same editor. I haven't noticed but then I don't modify font styles often either.

Probably related to browser code and possibly Windows. Every once in a while, I need to close the browser and restart. And also every once in a while need to reboot the system. Funny things start happening.

The less memory one has the more often odd things start. Minimum today is 8GB. Depends a lot on what one does. Simple rule, reboot once a week.

Monday, December 4, 2017 at 6:26 PM - Response #3

I use Windows 7 -- could not come up with a reason to change to Windows 10 -- and have 8 GB installed. I have 273 GB free of 465 GB. I don't reboot often but will start doing that now.

Thanks, Jack!
Carole

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.