ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site Administrator

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/08/14 08:40 AM Views: 1539 Replies: 11
Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I am the administrator for the Salina Central High School Class of 1979 site, but it's not showing me as such on Class Connection. There are no Administrator Tools.

Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM - Response #1

The admin tools are found on ClassConnection when you click on your name underneath your profile picture. There should be a pull-out link called Administrator Tools. Are you not seeing it? The admin tools are not displayed along the left-side links as they are on ClassCreator

Since you don't say that you know where the admin tools should be, I need to first verify that you know where they are supposed to be. If you still don't see them there, reply back and we can look deeper to see if it is an issue.

Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM - Response #2

Kyle, yes I was referring to the upper right corner under the fly out menu. The only options there are Edit Profile, Edit Contact Info, Next Steps and Easy Invite.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM - Response #3

All set here.

Monday, March 10, 2014 at 1:24 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Brad.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM - Response #6

That does not apply to any of the admins who are currently Class Creator admins with a site. That would be for people who ultimately join the Class Connection system via the Facebook app who do not have a site in the system and are joining an "adminless" class. If they choose to become the admin for their class, then they pay to do so and then get expanded functionality (just as you already have).

Friday, March 21, 2014 at 6:01 PM - Response #8

This was funny. I enabled the Class Connection App on Class Creator as the only Admin of an all alumni Class Creator site.

When I tried to join Class Connection App on Facebook, it does not recognize me as a Class Creator site member.

I am guessing that the name on Facebook is different then how we are listed in each class. The Class Creator name is listed as Debbie Dacus (Stewart). Facebook is listed as Debbie Dacus Stewart.

This will happen a lot with everyone and I will be sent lots of emails. So what needs to be done?

Love Class Creator!!!

Thanks for your help,

Debbie Dacus Stewart

P.S. Also, I am the administrator for the Jim Ned Valley Heritage Preservation site on Class Creator. Our board has since changed to another site better suited for community. How do I remove our class creator Jim Ned Valley Heritage Preservation site? Thanks bunches!!

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM - Response #9

It shows that I am there, but not there!!! It is interesting that no matter which way I try to connect with Class Connection either from Class Creator site or FB, it tells me I am not found. Although Class Connection does show my picture with my family in the profile. I will not re-enter ALL these names again in Class Creator nor will I change my name on Facebook. I know the programmers are very busy, so What's a girl to do???? If, as the Administrator, I cannot figure this out on myself, not sure how I can help anyone in all of theses classes!! Not upset...just challenging!!

Thank you so very much,
Debbie Stewart, Debbie Dacus (Stewart), Debbie Dacus Stewart, Debra Grace 'Debbie' Dacus Stewart!!!!
(512) 633-9642

P.S. Some that are listed in our Class Creator have chosen to go with their married names and not their maiden names, some have chosen to use their nicknames - Then on Facebook, it could be completely opposite or they share Facebook with their spouse.

ClassConnection

Debbie Stewart

Jim Ned Consolidated ISD

Classes of 1900 - 2014

More-Links

What's NewClassmatesPhotosVideosNotify-Me

Sorry Debbie, we cannot find your name on the class list. Show entire Classmate list.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM - Response #10

No worries Debbie. Smile

1) First, I deleted the Heritage Preservation site.

2) Class Connection only binds to one class currently, which is why you're getting that same class every time you join. I removed you from the app. Please do exactly this now:

a) Log into Facebook, click Settings, Apps, and delete Class Connection.
b) Log into your class web site and click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions.
c) Click the blue Join Class button, and accept the app permissions.

You are now connected to the right class.

3) Ask you members to join the same way you just did above. If they click the Class Connection link from your web site they cannot possibly join their single year class listing on FB. For obvious reasons if members are part of a multi year site there's more opportunities to inadvertently join the wrong class if they use the main app link. So, tell them not to do that. Your "Class Connection" link under your Member Functions link on our class web site is foolproof and nobody can make a mistake using that.

4) Facebook name is irrelevant. The only thing Class Connection links to is a Facebook ID The name used on Class Connection will be whatever name the person uses on your regular class web site.

Good? Smile

Monday, March 24, 2014 at 3:33 PM - Response #11

Very Good...Thanks for all you and the crew do!!! XOXO

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.