ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notifications

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/13/14 08:19 AM Views: 1447 Replies: 8
Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM

In the Class Connection app in Notify Me tab, under Send Notifications To, I selected the Facebook Globe. Now I no longer get any email notifications if a classmate makes profile changes. Is there any way that an option can be set to receive both email and FB Globe notifications?

Thank you.
Francine Pecoraro

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM - Response #1

I will forward the suggestion.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM - Response #2

Thank you!

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM - Response #3

I did my own investigation on this, as I have Class Connection set to global notification and the site set to immediate email when a new member joins. In the end, I believe this is what is happening and it works for me... the two are separate:
1) When a member joins the app, you get a notification in the Facebook globe.
2) When a member joins on the site, you receive the email notification.

Now what may be missing are the details when a NEW member joins through the app. I believe the desire is to receive the same information no matter how a member joins or updates their profile - on the site or the app.

I realize the answer could be 'set your notifications in the app to email', but what about an additional option to receive both:
A) The notification when a member joins the app.
B) A notification via email when a member joins giving us the same data as we receive on the site, including those who update their information.

The new classmate notification may require not being a part of the global or email setting but be under a separate option of "email". Basically having two parts on the app Notify Me page: 1) Facebook globe or Email; 2) Email.

Personally, I do not want to change the option of Facebook globe notifications because it is one of the key tools in the app. Yet I believe the desire is to receive the same information no matter how a member joins or updates their profile.

I do have a Snagit of my 'investigation' but was not able to locate this task from the CC side of things to post it.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 4:20 PM - Response #4

What I had noticed over the last few days (being set to Global notifications) is that if a Classmate updated their profile, I would get the Global notification, however no email notification. When not on FB, I won't know about that profile change until I log into FB. If you miss the Global notification for some reason, there is no backup notification to your email.

I've change my setting back to email for now until we see if they can give us the option of both Global and email notification.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM - Response #5

FYI, we are working on this now.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM - Response #6

Both is now an option in the app.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 4:19 PM - Response #7
FBCC email re notify me 5-21-2014.PNG

Just sharing an email I received today. Found the contents interesting... automatic email notifications via NOTIFY ME, if I have not been on FBCC in the last 30 days. See screenshot. Smile

Edited 05/21/14 4:22 PM
Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM - Response #8

Yup. It's actually a Facebook policy. We can't use their globe if somebody hasn't used the app in the last 30 days. This is in part how Facebook keeps spam down through their globe.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.