ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Logo Interfering with Announcements

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 08/14/14 07:09 AM Views: 2234 Replies: 19
Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 7:09 AM

My Class Logo seems to be "floating" around on my home page. Last week it appeared in the headline of the 3rd announcement down. Today, it's cutting off the headline of the top announcement. I have no problems like this on the regular site. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

dave

Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM - Response #1

You do mean the logo in the circle at the top correct? You're in the Safari browser?

I don't even know how that would be possible. Yet, if you're seeing it, clearly it is. Unfortunately I cannot duplicate this. Thus for the moment I have no idea what to tell you. Try doing a full clear of your browser cache and reload the page. Still doing it?

Friday, August 15, 2014 at 6:52 AM - Response #2
homepage.PNG

Hi Brad...I tried to clear my cache and the problem is stil there. I'm attaching 2 screen prints for you. The first (homepage) shows the problem (the logo is the mountain lion in the 2nd announcement). The other clip (whatsnew in the next message) shows the logo where I'd expect it. Any thoughts???

thanks

dave

Friday, August 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM - Response #3
whatsnew.PNG

Here's the 2nd screen print. Also...if possible for the future, the ability to add 2 files to a message would be helpful!)

Dave

Friday, August 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM - Response #4

Brad...in my updates, I forgot to mention this is in Chrome. It is the same in IE 10.

Best,

Dave

Friday, August 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM - Response #5

Programmer will take a look at this shortly. Will get back to you here with resolution.

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 9:44 AM - Response #6

I've had similar experience ... in the Class Connections Home Page ... now, however, it's not even showing up and I thought I turned it on. http://www.woodwardclassof65.com/ & go to Class Connections... IE 10 ... Mark

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM - Response #7

All set here.

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM - Response #8

Hello, Brad. Unfortunately, I'm still not seeing the logo on the C-Connections page. Is there something else I should be or doing differently? I've verified that "Customize Interface" is set to "logo" (even turned it off/on a couple times - works for my computer), refreshed browser, logged off/on both sites C-Creator & C-Connection, went into Class Connections from Class Creator home page and from Facebook. but I'm still not seeing the logo. Do I have something that is covering it perhaps? Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks. Mark

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM - Response #9

Hello, Brad. Unfortunately, I'm still not seeing the logo on the C-Connections page. Is there something else I should be or doing differently? I've verified that "Customize Interface" is set to "logo" (even turned it off/on a couple times - works for my computer), refreshed browser, logged off/on both sites C-Creator & C-Connection, went into Class Connections from Class Creator home page and from Facebook. but I'm still not seeing the logo. Do I have something that is covering it perhaps? Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks. Mark

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM - Response #10

You're not seeing the logo only on your home page correct?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 9:33 AM - Response #11

Brad, excellent question and thanks for your help. I ran through all pages and the logo is not displaying anywhere on the "Home Page" or "Missing Classmates" page. The logo does display on all other pages. Thinking it may be related to the position of the page in the menus, I moved another page that has the logo displayed into the position of the "Missing Classmates" page and the logo still appeared on the page I moved but still not on the "Missing Classmates" page. Also note that the logo is currently not interfering with the Announcements on the "Home Page" ... in this situation it is just not showing up there or on "Missing Classmates". Please let me know if there are other questions or if I can do more "testing". Thank you.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM - Response #12

I can't recreate that issue. What browser are you using? Version number?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 3:09 PM - Response #13

Scott, so you see the logo at the top of all pages including the "Home Page" and "Missing Classmates" pages as well?

My usual browser is IE 11 version 11.0.11 (11,9,9600.17239 whatever that is).

Just for grins, I tried Google Chrome - Version 36.0.1985.143 m and the same thing occurred: didn't see logo on "Home Page" or "Missing Classmates"; did see it on all other pages.

I noticed a couple other things that I don't know are related ... or pertinent ...
-- the horizontal line that appears at the top of each page between the page title on the left and the logo on the right is not on those 2 pages either.

-- the size of the text in the page title is smaller on the "Missing Classmates" page than other pages where the logo does appear.

Again, I don't know if any of that is pertinent; just observations.

BTW ... same observations in both browsers.

Thank you all for your continued pursuit of this. If we are not able to duplicate this then - as it isn't causing any issues on our site - I'm happy to let it drop into the realm of "Mysteries of the Universe" as I'm sure there are many other & more important things folks could be working on.

Thanks, again. Mark

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM - Response #14

I think Scott thought you were talking about the web site not the app. I see the issue on both pages and Programming will address.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM - Response #15

Thanks. I'm glad you can see it also (so I'm not going bonkers - at least not for this) and I apologize for not being clearer on the distinction between Class Creator (the website - where everything works as advertised) and Class Connections (Facebook - where the logo issue is).

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM - Response #16

Yep - sorry. Missed that this was about the app. Brad has forwarded this to a programmer.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM - Response #17

Header bar added to Home and Missing Classmates.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM - Response #18

Thank you. Looks perfect. As usual, you folks rock!!!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM - Response #19

Thanks. I'll let Brad know. Appreciate it!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.