ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Connection: Classmate Tab

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 03/23/14 02:59 AM Views: 973 Replies: 13
Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Hi,

I seem to be having a small problem when I connect to class connection and select the classmate tab. As I look at the sort list and attempt to select any member, I get the message: "This profile is restricted to members of Washington High School Class of 1963". Of course, I'm a member of that class and and an administrator. so this seems puzzling.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Renny McGovern

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM - Response #1

First response deleted -- I was incorrect. Did you just join the app? Should be all set now.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 12:31 AM - Response #2
Frankie.JPG

A classmate of mine is having the same problem. He was able to view the classmate profiles in Class Connection for the first couple of days, but since then, the same message as reported above has appeared. There is a lock in the icons beside all classmates who have joined our class website.

This only happens on the app. He can see the profiles in Class Creator. The last time I heard from him was about 12 hours ago, and he was still experiencing the problem. I told him I would see what I could find out. I think he would have contacted me if it had cleared up.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM - Response #3

What's his name?

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM - Response #4

Frankie Swanson

I've deleted two responses.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM - Response #5

I keep getting logged into the El Campo High School class of 1966, of which I am a guest member. I tried to go to that class on the app and logged in and haven't been able to log in here with my class of 1963. I'm going to close everything and then try again.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM - Response #6

Frankie Swanson

I don't know what to do to log into my class -- El Campo High School Class of 1963. I keep getting logged into my brother's class. I do use the same password for both, but I am using the link in your email to get to here.

I've closed Facebook, then the browser and then clicked on your link. What else do I need to do?

Edited 03/27/14 1:07 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM - Response #7

I can do a thing here called "emulation mode" where essentially I become the user. I became Frankie and am NOT seeing the lock icons. Everything looks fine. Can you check and find out if he's still seeing this? If so ask him to reload the page.

Class Connection currently only binds to one class. I.E. you can't join 2 or more classes. We will shortly add a "Change Identifies" feature whereby people can join 2 or more classes and change identifies back and forth. If anyone has joined Class Connection not in their preferred class let me know and I can remove the individual, allowing them to rejoin the desired class.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM - Response #8

I have texted Frankie and am waiting on a response from him.

I was just trying to visit the class of 66 site on the app, but apparently they have not joined. By visiting, did I join that class? I am still able to see my class on the app.

I can't tell until this posts whether I show up as Class of 1963 or 1966.

Update:
Still shows class of 1966. Do I need to restart my computer to clear everything out?

Edited 03/27/14 1:25 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 2:03 PM - Response #9

Frankie's internet service is down until later this afternoon. He has not tried to access Class Connection for about 24 hours. I asked him to check it and reload the page if necessary and to let me know the results.

Meanwhile, I restarted my computer and changed my password on my brother's class website, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will show up as Class of 63 this time.

UPDATE:
CRAP!

Edited 03/27/14 2:04 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM - Response #10

When you visit another Class on Class Connection you do not join it. Currently your Facebook account only binds to one Class Creator class, so that's the one you always belong to until we make it possible to join 2 or more classes.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM - Response #11

Okay, I got that -- thanks!

I was prepared to revisit my other query about being shown as part of the Class of 1966, but when I logged in this time, I was able to choose the website. Is that new? I don't remember seeing that any of the times I was having issues. But, yay! Very Happy

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #12

Smile

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 7:29 PM - Response #13

Frankie just reported that all is working. He's a happy camper -- thanks for your help!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.