ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Trouble connecting to Class Connection

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/22/14 06:27 PM Views: 2492 Replies: 29
Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Hi Brad,
I hope you can straighten me out. The first time you sent your instructions for connecting to Class Connection (before the official launch) I tried it and it went through without a hitch. My picture appeared in the upper right box and everything seemed fine. I think (but am not absolutely sure) that the name underneath the picture was Linda Linnard Andre. Since then I haven't been able to connect. Sometimes I get an empty box in the upper right corner with no picture and the name underneath is Linda Andre. The site addresses me as Linda Andre and tells me my name isn't on the class list and I should "contact the Administrator, Linda Linnard Andre,(which is me!) I look at the list, and it's true. Neither name (Linda Andre or Linda Linnard Andre) is there.

I have tried deleting Class Connection from Preferences then saving it and starting over. I have also tried deleting Class Connection from my facebook account (using Settings). When I do that, and sign up for Class Connection again through Preferences, I get as far as the page that asks me to submit my school name and class year. I submit it, but then the same screen returns and asks me for the same school and class information all over again and again and again. I am stumped. Can you tell me what to do? Should I delete my facebook account completely and start a new facebook account?

Many thanks,

Linda Andre (also Linda Linnard Andre)
Montclair High School, 1960
montclair60.com

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM - Response #1
screen image.jpg

Same problem. I deleted Class Connection in Facebook, logged into my site, clicked on Class Connection, said OK to the permissions, selected my school on the Facebook Class Connection, entered my year, and got the acceptance message and then ..... back to the same screen with the JOIN button. Have done this 5 or 6 times.

Edited 03/22/14 8:11 PM
Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM - Response #2
screen image.jpg

Patsy, looks like Internet Explorer. Can you check your settings and tell me what your cookie preferences are set to? Make sure you're not blocking cookies (system uses cookies to keep you logged in, which is very common). Also try deleting your cookies. Next, go into Facebook settings, then Apps. Do you see Class Connection listed? If so delete it. Now log in to your class web site and click the Class Connection link under Member Functions. Are you hooked up now?

Patsy Kirkpatrick wrote:

Same problem. I deleted Class Connection in Facebook, logged into my site, clicked on Class Connection, said OK to the permissions, selected my school on the Facebook Class Connection, entered my year, and got the acceptance message and then ..... back to the same screen with the JOIN button. Have done this 5 or 6 times.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM - Response #3

You joined your class using two different Facebook I accounts. I can see that because the Facebook ID of both accounts is tied to the member record. One was you the admin, the other account just floating because it can't tie to the admin account your other Facebook account is already tied to.

Best policy is don't join app using two different Facebook accounts because the system regards each unique Facebook ID as a unique user. So to the system there were actually two different Linda's in there (both you).

Bottom line: What account do you want me to remove? You can keep either one of them. Let me know and I'll remove the other.

Linda Andre wrote:

Hi Brad,
I hope you can straighten me out. The first time you sent your instructions for connecting to Class Connection (before the official launch) I tried it and it went through without a hitch. My picture appeared in the upper right box and everything seemed fine. I think (but am not absolutely sure) that the name underneath the picture was Linda Linnard Andre. Since then I haven't been able to connect. Sometimes I get an empty box in the upper right corner with no picture and the name underneath is Linda Andre. The site addresses me as Linda Andre and tells me my name isn't on the class list and I should "contact the Administrator, Linda Linnard Andre,(which is me!) I look at the list, and it's true. Neither name (Linda Andre or Linda Linnard Andre) is there.

I have tried deleting Class Connection from Preferences then saving it and starting over. I have also tried deleting Class Connection from my facebook account (using Settings). When I do that, and sign up for Class Connection again through Preferences, I get as far as the page that asks me to submit my school name and class year. I submit it, but then the same screen returns and asks me for the same school and class information all over again and again and again. I am stumped. Can you tell me what to do? Should I delete my facebook account completely and start a new facebook account?

Many thanks,

Linda Andre (also Linda Linnard Andre)
Montclair High School, 1960
montclair60.com

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM - Response #4

Thank you so much! I didn't know I had two Facebook accounts. Please keep the admin account, (whichever one that is) and remove the other one. After you do that, will I already be officially joined to Class Connector? Or do I start over? I don't want to mess it up again.

Again, my thanks,
Linda A.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM - Response #5

Let's do this. I went in and removed both accounts from Class Connection.

Please do exactly this now:

1) Log into Facebook using the regular Facebook account you want to use for Class Connection in the future, click Settings, Apps, and delete Class Connection.
2) Log into your class web site and click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions.
3) Click the blue Join Class button, and accept the app permissions.

You are now connected!

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Brad! Your advice was great and Class Connector seems to be working just fine now.

Linda A.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM - Response #7

Yay. Smile

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM - Response #8

That was it Brad. Thanks. Deleted my Cookies in IE, uninstalled Class Connection in Facebook, logged back into Class Creator, clicked on Class Connection under Member Functions, worked like a charm.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM - Response #9

Superb. Smile

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 11:54 PM - Response #10

Brad can you fix this

When I go to visit 1963 on FACEBOOK CLASS CONNECTION I get the following.
Roswell High change school
Roswell class of 1963
Roswell NM

Roswell High N.M. EL Coyote Class of 1973
Roswell N.M.
They have a duplicate and the top one has no content. Bottom one works.

Edited 03/28/14 12:05 AM
Friday, March 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM - Response #11

Ah I see it. This is "leftover" stuff that happened pre school name merge. Rather than asking 8 people to rejoin I'm going to ask a programmer to move these 8 classmates where they belong. Since we previously completed the school merge this cannot happen again.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM - Response #13

Hi Brad,

I too have been having problems connecting the the Facebook App like Patsy. The exact same problem. And somehow, I have followed the steps you gave but it doesn't seem to work at all. Is it possible that I too have two FB accounts?

I used to run a FaceBook page for my class but I deleted it, just in case it's interfering and with Class Connection on FB, I felt there was no need to have a separate page anymore.

I plan to announce to the class this new Class Connection feature but I can't if I am unable to connect.

Thanks for all the help!

Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM - Response #14

I deleted the cookies on my Google Chrome Browser. Deleted the app from my FB page and logged in to CC. Clicked on the Class Connection link under member functions and got the error message

"Sorry Nkiruka, we cannot find your name on the class list. Please use the form below to contact Nkiruka Ohale Pedro-Iyalla, the Class Administrator, to have your name added to the list."

Yet I am the Administrator!

Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM - Response #15

What are your Chrome cookie settings? see: http://screencast.com/t/grBvW7q1

We linked Nkiruka's Facebook account with the correct ember account.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM - Response #16
CC-Forum.jpg

Hi Brad!

Sorry for the late response. Went to the Class Connection App today and guess what? It worked!

I have no idea what you did to make it alright but I am glad.

Thanks!

I have attached a picture of my Cookie settings.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 2:29 AM - Response #17

Yes, this cookie setting is fine. Should also work now even if you're blocking third party cookies. Glad you're in! Smile

Friday, June 27, 2014 at 4:55 PM - Response #18

Having been busy with other things for a few months. I'm now trying to get the facebook connection to work. I can access it myself via the athenshigh62.net CC site, but I can't see how to access it the other way, or to tell other registered classmates how to get access to the facebook interface. I've read several posts about this, and they talk about an "FB app" that I guess is supposed to appear somewhere on FB to access the site that way, but I can't find it. Please help! Thanks! -- Carl

Friday, June 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM - Response #19

The direct app links is http://apps.facebook.com/classconnection. That will get anyone there without the site at all. The easiest way to join of course, if you're a site member, is to click the Class Connection link under Member Functions. Either way will do it though.

Friday, June 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM - Response #20

Thanks. I've just sent this information to registered members of my site. I"ll let you know how it works out. -- Carl

Sunday, June 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM - Response #21

Since receiving Thursday's email about school colors and logo, I have tried opening Class Connection several times. Each time, I see the blue background, but no data. At the top (barely visible cos black on dark gray) is the following message:

"Error occured [sic] when processing your request. This error has been forwarded to site administrator and will be fixed shortly. Thanks."

His this error been forwarded to the site administrator? (It certainly has not been fixed shortly.)

Sunday, June 29, 2014 at 1:49 AM - Response #22

A programmer will investigate this and we will respond back here.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM - Response #23

Can you take another look now please?

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM - Response #24

I've been looking every few days since I posted about this problem. (Sorry, didn't receive your July 3 email, even though I ostensibly have subscribed to this thread.)

Only today did I see any progress - and that is minimal.

I now get the Join Class screen. (I used to join automatically when I chose Class Connection.) Twice, I chose my school and year from the drop-down. There was a brief notice about waiting a moment, then I was back at the Join Class screen as though I had done nothing.

I have evidence that at least one of my classmates has used Class Connection successfully during this period. Ironic, at best, that I cannot.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM - Response #25

Ok, so before you saw the error, and now you're stuck at the join screen. I'm almost certain you have a bad cookie right now (maybe have been caused by the now resolved error). Please clear all cookies. For good measure also make sure you're not blocking cookies, but I'm quite certain you're not. Once you've cleared cookies shut down your browser. Open it back up. Give it another whirl. This should give you a new normal cookie and let you in for now on. Let me know if it doesn't.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM - Response #26

Thank you. Problem resolved.

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 9:03 PM - Response #27

Follow-up:

While I am in Class Connection, it appears that I do not have an admin menu. (This exchange started because I want to implement colors and school logo.)

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM - Response #28

Are you hovering over your name under your master photo in the upper right corner? The top option is "Administrator Tools". When I emulate you everything appears to be functioning normally.

Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM - Response #29

Than you. I didn't realize where the admin menu is (I was looking on the left).

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.