ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Try to connect through site and/or fb - Help!

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 04/06/14 03:14 PM Views: 2005 Replies: 17
Sunday, April 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM

First I tried to access through FB-classconnection in my browser. It took me to the page to select my school and year, then nothing happened. Then I try to sign in through my website. I can join, but it won't take me to the admin tools.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 at 8:48 PM - Response #1

Is this still happening?

Monday, April 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM - Response #2

Yes. I just tried again. If I try through either way (browser or my site), it takes me back to the Join Class page.
My login for FB is not the same email as my site - also I have my FB settings Private for most every app except a couple(Instagram for example). I don't know if either of these factors affect it.

Edited 04/07/14 1:13 PM
Monday, April 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM - Response #3

So you're at the join screen, you enter your school and year, you click the blue join button, and you just refresh to the join screen again, correct? What browser and browser version # are you using? What Operating System are you using?

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM - Response #4

Brad, I am using OS Windows 7. I tried Firefox & IE and just tried Chrome again, which did let me log in on Facebook through the classconnections FB app page, BUT when I try to open it in Firefox, it defaults back to the Join page. I can only find it through firefox if I put class connections in the FB search box.
The problem now is that I have not logged in as an admin, and I can't seem to get to the next steps as shown in Video 1. It never asks me to verify myself, nor does it go through any of the other Suggested Next Steps screens. It seems like it does not recognize me as an admin.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM - Response #5

Ok please answer this: When you go to http://apps.facebook.com/class connection in either Chrome or Internet Explorer, what are you seeing currently? Are you able to click the flyup arrow under your own name and see the menu? If so are you able to click Next Steps?

Also, what does your name say under your photo? I'm curious because there is no "Pat Floyd" registered with Class Connection. I'm trying to figure out what name you're under so I can see what you've actually joined. Silly question but you are actually in Class Connection and not some other app, correct?

Actually -- please do this first: Log into your regular class web site, click the Class Connection link under your Member Functions heading, and tell me exactly what you see there.

Friday, April 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM - Response #6

My name on FB is Pat (Floyd) Diaz-Verson (Floyd is my maiden name). When I connect through the link on my website, now I see the arrow and when I click on any of the links, it asks me to contact the admin because my name is not listed. I changed my profile name on my website the other day to read exactly as it is on FB, but it still does not recognize me.

Friday, April 11, 2014 at 1:54 PM - Response #7

Please confirm you're clicking the Class Connection link under your Member Functions. You shouldn't be going to the name matching screen at all (yet clearly you seem to be). Even though you should never be seeing this screen, I'm unclear why you can't join anyway. Even if you don't get a name match you should be able to view the entire class list here then find and select yourself to complete the merge. Are you not able to view the class list from here and locate your name? To get to the class list you need to click on none are me and select yourself from the entire class list. Let me know if you're still unable to find your name.

Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM - Response #8
CC 1.JPG

Ok. I tried again from the Class Connection link under Member Functions, and the attached is a snapshot of where it takes me. From that screen, I am unable to do anything. When I click Join Class nothing happens.
At no time during any of my attempts have I been taken to a screen where I can see a list of the class names.Question

Edited 04/12/14 5:57 PM
Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM - Response #9
CC2.JPG

The previous message was when I tried in Firefox. I have tried again but on Chrome. I get a little further (actually get into FB), but I get the attached screen when I try to click on any of the links (Edit contact info, Next Steps, etc) on the fly-up menu next to my pic (which is my FB profile pic - different from website pic).

Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM - Response #10

I sent a message to myself (the admin) to add me to the list, and I got the following email. When I click the link within the email to review and verify, it takes me back to the FB screen which tells me to send the Admin (me) a message to add me to the class list. I am going in circles no matter where I turn.

Class Connection logo    
Hardaway High School
Classes of 1968-1969-1970

Top Divider

Pat Floyd Diaz-Verson has not been verified and cannot be seen by other Classmates. Click to review and verify Pat's Profile now. Verification allows Pat to become an active member of your class on Class Connection.

Sender: Pat Floyd Diaz-Verson
Email: caymanstaid51@bellsouth.net
School: Hardaway High School Classes of 1968-1969-1970
IP: 98.88.7.122
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.116 Safari/537.36

add to the list

Monday, April 14, 2014 at 1:38 AM - Response #11

Are you able to repeat this now?

Monday, April 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM - Response #12

Nope. I just tried to again (Chrome - Firefox doesn't work at all) through my website. I get as far as seeing the screen with my website profile pic, then login to FB. Once I login, I see my FB profile pic, but when I try to use the fly-up menu beneath my pic, I get the following screen again (still within the FB/ClassConnection screen):

Contact Class Administrator
Sorry Pat, we cannot find your name on the class list. Please use the form below to contact Pat Floyd Diaz-Verson, the Class Administrator, to have your name added to the list.

Your Name   Pat Floyd Diaz-Verson
Your Email   caymanstaid51@bellsouth.net
Subject   
Monday, April 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM - Response #13

Programmer linked you to correct account.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM - Response #14

Able to login on Chrome and IE, but not Firefox. Is anyone else having that issue?

Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM - Response #15

Are you getting stuck at the join screen in Firefox? It may be due to a previous cookie. Try two things:

1) Delete cookies
2) Make sure cookie blocking is set to none.

One you are sure you're accepting cookies try Firefox again please.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 6:07 PM - Response #16

Now I am getting this message on Chrome, Firefox & IE

Server Error

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Element M is undefined in a Java object of type class [Ljava.lang.String;.

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.116 Safari/537.36
Remote Address    107.212.102.15
Referrer    https://apps.facebook.com/classconnection/?cct=02BA91E4-4E83-4BBD-8616-72ECA2B4B813
Date/Time    19-Apr-14 06:05 PM

Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM - Response #17

Please try again.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.