ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Connection App not showing on iPad or iPhone

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/12/14 05:09 PM Views: 1630 Replies: 13
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM

The Class Connection app appears on my PC Facebook, but not when I open Facebook on my iPhone or iPad. Any recommendations on how I can fix this?
Thanks so much - I sent the email out today to our class and we've had several people join Class Connection already!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM - Response #1

I noticed that too for the direct FB app. Use Safari or Chrome and it will show up.

For Safari, go into settings first and check to accept third party cookies, otherwise it won't work.

Chrome is good from start, however, it crashed. Haven't tried again in about 10 days.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM - Response #2

Many third party apps won't current work from inside of Facebook's own mobile app. Just as Jack suggested, using Safari just go to apps.facebook.com/classconnection.

Couple things to note:

1) We will shortly be showing a new mobile interface on the iPad. It looks a bit different from the current interface and the right modules are at the bottom of the What's New page instead of being on the right. There's very limited space to work with on iPad, and this gets a bit tech but for security reasons content inside of an iframe on iPad won't reduce to screen size, which is what's causing this issue. The new mobile interface will solve it for all mobile users (iPhone, iPad, Android).

2) No need to uncheck the third party cookie restriction on Safari anymore. We were able to work around that. Default Safari cookie settings will now work fine.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM - Response #3

The CN app appears on my iPad opening Facebook in both Safari and Chrome without having to uncheck the third party cookie restriction. However, it does not appear as an app on my iPhone in either browser. I've tried checking and unchecking the box, but it still doesn't work.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM - Response #4

Kim, interesting, I have no idea on this one. On your iPhone I'm assuming your other FB apps are appearing where you'd expect? What happens if you add it on your iPhone to FB favorites?

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM - Response #5

Brad, I'm not sure what you mean by adding to FB favorites. Can you explain more about that? Thanks!

Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM - Response #6

See still: http://screencast.com/t/rJdFusadBHfZ

Things you want to return to frequently can be added to your FB favorites.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM - Response #7
iPad CC app problem photo.PNG

Brad, I set up the Class Connection (CC) app for my desktop iMac without any problem and sent the note out to other classmates to link up as well. I also set up CC as one of my Favorites for easy access.

For my iPad, as you stated above, it doesn't appear that the 3rd party CC app works with the FB iPad app. And the CC app doesn't show up under my Favorites list on the iPad although it was set up as such on the iMac. In order to access the CC app on the iPad, I had use the Safari browser (as you stated above) and go to apps.facebook.com and I did have to go into Settings to uncheck the third party cookie restriction on Safari before I could use it. I then changed the cookie restrictions back to the default. And the right side of the screen is blocked with FB ads as shown in attached image.

As for my iPhone 4, the CC app doesn't show up under my Favorites list on the iPhone. In order to access CC on the iPhone I had to use the Safari browser go to apps.facebook.com and the right side of the screen is blocked with FB ads, as with the iPad.

For both the iPad and iPhone, since I can't see the CC app there is no way to add it to my favorites on the mobile devices (although I already did that on the desktop).

From your note of March 12 @ 9:39 PM, it sounds like there will soon be new mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android and basically we should just sit tight until that is released. Is that correct?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 5:37 PM - Response #8

So.. class connection does not work within the Facebook Mobile app for iphone or ipad?
I rarely use my iMAC for Facebook. I do have to use it for ClassCreator most times because running it thru Safari on my iphone is just clunky. I was hoping to see a MOBILE APP for Class Creator sooner.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 6:28 PM - Response #9
iPad CC app problem photo.PNG

Yes. Although the mobile interface is the same type of web app system we have now -- it just fits better. It's still browser based though. Thanks for the other info below!

Bernie Contreras wrote:

Brad, I set up the Class Connection (CC) app for my desktop iMac without any problem and sent the note out to other classmates to link up as well. I also set up CC as one of my Favorites for easy access.

For my iPad, as you stated above, it doesn't appear that the 3rd party CC app works with the FB iPad app. And the CC app doesn't show up under my Favorites list on the iPad although it was set up as such on the iMac. In order to access the CC app on the iPad, I had use the Safari browser (as you stated above) and go to apps.facebook.com and I did have to go into Settings to uncheck the third party cookie restriction on Safari before I could use it. I then changed the cookie restrictions back to the default. And the right side of the screen is blocked with FB ads as shown in attached image.

As for my iPhone 4, the CC app doesn't show up under my Favorites list on the iPhone. In order to access CC on the iPhone I had to use the Safari browser go to apps.facebook.com and the right side of the screen is blocked with FB ads, as with the iPad.

For both the iPad and iPhone, since I can't see the CC app there is no way to add it to my favorites on the mobile devices (although I already did that on the desktop).

From your note of March 12 @ 9:39 PM, it sounds like there will soon be new mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android and basically we should just sit tight until that is released. Is that correct?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM - Response #10

We'll need to decide exactly what we're going to do with this. For instance, how do you handle very wide page content (685 pixels on all the class sites) on a phone mobile app? A mobile browser (like Safari) for now is the best solution. Custom content pages are going to be an interesting issue... Pinching and zooming is going to be a must no matter what. Or maybe just show unformatted page text? Definitely one to talk about further.

Rick Barthel wrote:

So.. class connection does not work within the Facebook Mobile app for iphone or ipad?
I rarely use my iMAC for Facebook. I do have to use it for ClassCreator most times because running it thru Safari on my iphone is just clunky. I was hoping to see a MOBILE APP for Class Creator sooner.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM - Response #11

I'm also looking for a mobile app for my Android phone. You will probably have to have a lot of menu options to see the items in the left and right panes of the screen.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM - Response #12

Hi Brad,

What is the status of fixing the problem with the advertisement strip covering up part of the Class Connection screen (viewing using Safari on an iPad)?

Thanks.

J.D.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM - Response #13

This was resolved a couple weeks ago when we implemented the mobile interface. iPad and Android users all see mobile interface now.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.