ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Privacy issues when first enabling Facebook app

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 12/05/14 10:25 PM Views: 1292 Replies: 4
Friday, December 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I have read MANY of the Facebook forums and listened to most of the training videos, but I could not find answers to these specific questions:
1) When I first enable the app, what are the default privacy settings? i.e. would classmates need to go in to change so they wouldn't be visible to Facebook members?
2) If somebody on Facebook sees our Class Connection, do they go through the same process to join our site as on ClassCreator? i.e. do the administrators still have the opportunity to verify that anyone who wants to join is actually who he or she says he or she is? (We use the birthdates from our yearbook to verify.)
3) I'm not quite sure what is meant by AdminLess site? We have one root admin (myself) and a few other administrators. We do not want any others!

I have not enabled the Facebook App, but I am hoping to as soon as get answers to these questions. It sounds like a terrific way to get to many more of our classmates. Thanks!

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM - Response #1

1) Nothing. They are not visible to Facebook Members unless they click Edit Profile and select to allow all Class Connection members to view their Profile. Even then they're not just visible to Facebook members -- they're only visible to Facebook Members who install the Class Connection app.

2) While the join process is different (due to the way apps are distributed and installed), the New Classmate Verification feature works the same way. i.e. nobody can do anything of any consequence on your site until they have been verified by the Administrator (if you have this turned on).

3) Adminless classes on Facebook have no Class Administrator. Currently on Class Creator a class has to exist (i.e. an Admin must have deliberately built the class here) for a classmate to join the system. On Facebook a Classmate can join the class whether there is an Administrator or not .You get scenarios such as this one: 10 classmates join the class, and then one of them decides to become the Administrator.

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick reply!
One last clarification, please.
We already have the Class Creator site and have turned on the verify by Administrators feature. So, my understanding is that even though Class Connection is enabled, just the Administrators who have already been designated on Class Creator can verify a new classmate. AND until someone has been verified, they cannot see profile information of those who have joined Class Creator previously and do not want their info available for anyone except their own classmates to see.
Is that correct?
Sorry to be such a nudge, but we have one or two classmates who don't even want members of the class ahead of us to see their information. Sad

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 4:47 PM - Response #3

Everything you said above is correct. Now stop being such a nudge! Wink -- just kiddin'.

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 8:23 PM - Response #4

Thanks!
Happy Holidays!Laughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.