ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notices that non-class members have joined

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 01/14/15 01:42 PM Views: 1340 Replies: 6
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1:42 PM
New classmates notice.PNG

I keep getting notices this week that new classmates have joined, but these are younger classmates and not members of our 1969-1972 class. I am assuming they are joining on facebook. I thought only our classmates could join like the website. I attached a copy of the last notice I received.

Ok, I just noticed it says they have joined Plant City High School... so I just checked and another year (1975)has started a site and these are their members joining. Will I receive a notice of people joining all other sites for Plant City High School in addition to my own?

Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM - Response #1

Thank you for including the screen capture. I will forward these details to the programmer to investigate.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM - Response #2

1) Log into Cass Connection
2) Click the Notify Me tab
3) You'll see you've got it set to notify you whenever a classmate from your school joins. Thus you're going to get notices for ANY class year. You can change this to never if desired.

This should really be coming from the Class Connection email template not your web site email template. I'll have programming make an adjustment here. Thank you.

Friday, January 16, 2015 at 6:11 PM - Response #3

Were the preferences moved over from the website? I don't remember checking preferences for class connection. As administrator of our site and I did want to be notified anytime someone joined our site. I did not realize that would send me notifications when classmates joined other sites from the same school. I believe the new class has been added recently and that is why I am starting to get notices. They have a 40th Reunion coming up this year.

Friday, January 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM - Response #4

OK, I just reviewed the preferences and see there is one for my class and one for my school. Didn't realize the notices were for the other class and not our website. Just wasn't an issue before since we were the only class from our school.

Friday, January 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM - Response #5

OK, I just reviewed the preferences and see there is one for my class and one for my school. Didn't realize the notices were for the other class and not our website. Just wasn't an issue before since we were the only class from our school.

Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM - Response #6

Right... I'm glad you brought this up. This needs to be more clear and the notice needs to come from Class Connection. The request is in the queue! Thanks again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.