ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Event cancelled need to refund registration fees

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 09/21/16 09:44 PM Views: 1586 Replies: 8
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 9:44 PM

We have had to cancel our event and I need to make full refunds to those who have paid. I have not withdrawn any of these credit card payments so the monies are still in classmates bank. What do I need to do to execute this and how long after the refunds are requested should they expect their funds to be restored.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM - Response #1

Hi Michele,

Under Event Planner > Edit > Transactions > Edit you can delete it transaction and it refunds them.

It can take up to 5-7 business days for those refunds to appear on their statements. It batches out of our system the same day it is requested.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3:56 PM - Response #2

I hope that is did not do it wrong. Anyway you can check for me? I deleted the event. Thanks for your help and patience.
Michele

Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 5:47 PM - Response #3

HI Michele,

No deleting the event does not refund the attendees. I went in and deleted each transaction which did refund them all and took the balance back down to zero.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, June 5, 2017 at 11:24 AM - Response #4

Jessica, Is the full credit card amount refunded? Or does Class Creator keep the 4.9% for a credit card transaction.

i.e. If a classmates paid $54 to their credit card do they receive it all back?

As Always, Thanks

Edited 06/05/17 11:25 AM
Monday, June 5, 2017 at 1:08 PM - Response #5

If it is processed via our credit card system and you refund it the fees are returned as part of the transaction so yes they receive the full amount.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 8:11 PM - Response #6

We are concerned that we may also have to cancel an event. Are refunds only given to those funds that have not been withdrawn and sent to our class bank account? Any suggestions on how to make refunds for funds that have already been withdrawn? I have already withdrawn some of the funds received, but I will not transfer any further monies until we make a final decision on our event. Thanks.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 11:47 PM - Response #7

Hi Joan,

If you make the decision to cancel you can mail us a check for the full amount received in your transfer to your account and we can issue full refunds once the funds are processed.

You would mail a check to:

Class Creator
2500 Packard St.
Suite 204
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Include a note with the check stating this is funds for refunds for "event name" and "class name" for instance madeira65.com 70th Birthday Party Registration

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, June 16, 2017 at 11:06 AM - Response #8

Jessica, Thank you so much for your quick response. This information is great news as we were afraid we would lose money if we cancelled the event. I will pass this information on to our Party Committee who will make the final decision on whether we cancel our event. Joan

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.