ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Selling Sponsorship to classmates thru event planner

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 04/10/16 09:49 AM Views: 1036 Replies: 2
Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM

We were trying to use event planner to sell sponsorship's to the classmates. We are offering class reunion perks (i.e. complimentary tickets, reserved tables, acknowledgements, hotel rooms, and etc.). I have it set-up pretty nicely with yes/no questions of understanding. The problem I am having is there are "guest" issues. We would like to turn off the statement on the first page "Include yourself and any guests you are bringing in quantity above." and actually not even allow guests? Is there a way that you can have an event and not allow guests. Event planner will work really good for this other than these two issues. Is there a better way to do this?

Edited 04/11/16 8:00 AM
Monday, April 11, 2016 at 3:52 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately, we do not have a setting to disable the ability to register for more than a quantity of 1 (ie, bring a guest). I will forward this suggestion for review. For now however you will need to include this information in the event information section of the page.

Friday, April 15, 2016 at 7:59 PM - Response #2

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to sell the sponsorships through the Event Planner. I believe it can be done by using the "Donation Manager" in conjunction with the Event Planner. There is a separate place in Event Planner to set up sponsorships and scholarships. The guest or classmate question will not show.

However we found it be more effective handling the sponsorships separately. We sent out a class-wide e-mail many months before we sent out the registration forms. We asked them to send in checks to our treasurer and explained that the purpose was to reduce the overall price of the reunion for everyone AND to provide us with seed money to pay all our deposits. We also set up a link on the website explaining the various levels and perks. It was from this mailing that we received the vast majority of our sponsorship funds (over $22,000). (By the way we had several classmates who asked to remain anonymous.) When we sent out the registration form months later we also included a place for them to become sponsors, but we received just a few more from this. However we also set up a scholarship program to assist specific classmates who otherwise could not afford to come. That was very successful.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.