ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Facebook Class Connection problem

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 04/16/18 02:08 PM Views: 730 Replies: 6
Monday, April 16, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Class Connection on Facebook.pdf

When I try to use Class Connection for FB, I am able to reach it, but I get a message that says "Sorry , you have not merged with your existing account on the class list."

I do not know what this means. I am the administrator for our Class Creator site. I have removed the class connection app from FB several times and retried it with the same result. (McCluer High School Class of 1969)

Monday, April 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM - Response #1

I will have to have a programmer take a closer look. Everything seems set up properly to me. Odd. I'll let you know what I find out.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM - Response #2

Wondering if there are or have been any connection/security problems (or privacy concerns) with Facebook after the whole "Cambridge Analytica" data hack?? [https://www.whistleblower.org/blog/015417-cambridge-analytica-whistleblower-empowers-citizen-action?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7pr6jor52gIVja_ICh1F1Q27EAAYAyAAEgJP1PD_BwE]
For a variety of reasons, I never did "CC for FB" or even updated our site design (yikes!). Since we have our 45th coming up soon, I was considering a whole revamp. Insights & tips are more than welcome. Thanks for all your hard work!

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 3:59 AM - Response #3

I still haven't been able to use the Class Connection for Facebook for feature. Others in my class are. I am the administrator but still get the same message, "Sorry , you have not merged with your existing account on the class list."

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM - Response #4

Did you change your name, email or something like that on either site?

You could try adding a new 'test' name to your class list, then join FB too using that test name. Use a new email address for both. Now see what happens.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM - Response #5

It's not working for me, either.

Monday, October 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM - Response #6

I have never been able to connect with Facebook from Classcreator. Possibly our college page is 'closed' on Facebook. Would that be the problem?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.