ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Comments shows duplicate of the same response & no email to class

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 06/06/20 04:49 PM Views: 347 Replies: 10
Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 4:49 PM

On the software upgrade 2020, a classmate is having two problems. Problem (1) I have classmate when he posts a comment, comment shows twice. Problem (2) Prior to upgrade, the class would get notified by email that a comment had been posted to a particular classmate. This class email has stopped. I posted a comment back to the classmate back to me and got the same result. Do you have suggestion of how to fix these two problems?

Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 8:31 AM - Response #1

As part of looking how to fix the duplicates in the comments, it looks like in the new software migration that the classmate settings for following a classmate did not migrate. I only have one complaint at this time. Is lack of the follow me function localize to a classmate or do all the classmates need to review who they follow? Is there away for me as an administrator to check this setting for all the classmates?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 6:09 AM - Response #2

My Notifications are now coming through but each item is being notified four of five times on the one Notification. Just thought I'd let CC know.

Duplicate posts are still appearing on the Notice Board (What's New) page.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 6:48 PM - Response #3

The latest Notification I've received tells me -

'New message posted to the class'

I click on 'More' and I'm taken to the website where I Log In and am taken to the Notice Board (What's New) page. I scroll down to find the message (no yellow highlights yet)and although the Classmate who I'm told has posted the message has his name showing, there is nothing typed so there's no actual post.

I wouldn't have thought he clicked on Post Comment without writing something first, so is this another post-migration bug?

Edited 06/10/20 7:42 PM
Friday, June 12, 2020 at 7:31 PM - Response #4

Some posts are not appearing at all now and some are not showing all of the post. Master photos are not showing up alongside the post either.

Edited 06/12/20 7:37 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 2:12 AM - Response #5

Still tweaking the What's New section.

The master photo item has not been an issue. It does show a generic icon if they haven't uploaded a photo for their master photo.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 3:48 PM - Response #6

I was aware of there not being a photo if they hadn't uploaded one, Jessica, but this new member did have a Master photo but it wasn't showing alongside his post. It is now.

Thought I'd also mention (in case is helps anyone)that after I post something on my Notice Board (What's New) page, if it doesn't look as if the post has duplicated, Refresh the page and the duplication might (it does in my case)appear. At least admins can delete the duplicate entry without having to Log Out and Log In again, which has normally been the only way to check whether a post has duplicated.

Edited 06/13/20 3:54 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 4:25 PM - Response #7

Jessica, posts from one Classmate in particular, Robert Saltariche, are not appearing on the Notice Board (What's New) page. I'm receiving duplicated Notifications for them but they're not showing.

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 7:31 PM - Response #8

I'll make sure the programmers are aware of this. I believe we have already reported that some posts were not making it into the mix. I appreciate the details and will make sure they are clear on this if they are not already. This is the primary item they are working to resolve at the moment.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 5:25 AM - Response #9

Thanks, Jessica.

Monday, July 6, 2020 at 7:59 AM - Response #10

We are still working on the underlying cause of the duplicates which happened after we migrated to all new servers running the latest versions of all of our programming languages and database software. It is the top priority of the programmers to get this fully cleared up. They did create a script that will automatically clear any duplicates within an hour while they finish their new code for the comments area that should resolve the duplicates from occurring in the first place. We hope to have that fully resolved this coming week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.