ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery Text question

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 08/14/15 05:30 PM Views: 1685 Replies: 11
Friday, August 14, 2015 at 5:30 PM

I have an issue I need to correct. In the old Photo Gallery I was able to tag a person on their birthday photo with their name/birth date. On this new Photo Gallery editor, I see the text but it won't come out the same, at least not for this first-time user! What am I doing incorrectly? Or is this at all possible to do now? Will I just need to go in and crop the rest of the photos and just add a caption to the right?

Please help! The October birthday gallery (see the first and second pictures there) is the first I have had problems with.

Edited 08/14/15 5:36 PM
Monday, August 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM - Response #1

I think you are asking if you can add text to the image as you used to be able to do with the old image editor and the answer is yes. There is a test tool in the new Photo Editor. I have taken a quick Jing video to show how that works. Please see the following link. This is a rough cut vid just to show you an example. http://screencast.com/t/PbrSazdi

So you can add text to the image as well as a caption that shows below the image in the slideshow.

Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 2:59 PM - Response #2

thanks, Scott

Edited 01/24/16 3:16 PM
Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 7:03 PM - Response #3

Yes, it’s taken me almost TWO YEARS to complete this task. Sorry but life has interfered until now and now I need to do this.

I have tried to add a person's name at the bottom of her picture in the September birthday in our photo gallery, along with her birthdate but the text won't save on the photo editor. It's the very last photo in our september birthday photos. I've tried several times. Her photo is unlike the others, it pops up and no one knows who she was. I put it next to her photo in the gallery and that won't show either.

When I added (or tried to add) text to the bottom of the picture, I needed to make the lettering white to show up. I want to add a box under the pictures, just as I did on the previous photos, but keep the lettering black. In other words, have the last photo like the previous ones in that month, but with her name and her birthdate.

Help!
Using 8.1 and on Chrome.

Edited 07/27/18 11:06 AM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 2:51 PM - Response #4

If you feel comfortable posting the details here, if you point me to the specific image, I will try to add it myself to test the functionality of the photo editor.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 11:32 PM - Response #5
McMaster Margaret.jpg

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

If you feel comfortable posting the details here, if you point me to the specific image, I will try to add it myself to test the functionality of the photo editor.

As per my last email, here is the specific example that I wanted and still need help with please.

I'll try to be more specific, although I thought I was in my last email! Smile Okay, in our gallery there are "birthday wishes" photos for each month, September is the month and the very last person on there with no box underneath her picture and the link is:
http://s3images.classcreator.com/23623/004/34635/1579487.jpg?edited=20160702185200

or her picture from my hard drive is attached. All the others, if you look at the September file of pictures, have white boxes under each picture with each of their names and their birth dates. The one is question is Margaret (McMaster) Hawkins. Her birth date is September 30.

See the next email to show what I WANT it to look like as could only do one attachment here. Thanks for your help!
P

Edited 07/27/18 11:02 AM
Friday, July 27, 2018 at 10:57 AM - Response #6
3DB20832-50A2-4F90-8314-39F786DD1479.jpeg

Here is what it SHOULD look like, with the name and person’s birthdate below. I have several like this. How can I do this now so the pictures will be uniform?

Edited 07/27/18 11:00 AM
Friday, July 27, 2018 at 8:04 PM - Response #7

The white box was part of each image. somehow her image did not contain the box. Do you have the original that contained the box for her? If so you can replace the image that is currently there.

Friday, July 27, 2018 at 9:27 PM - Response #8
83623F26-8EE4-4222-A1E3-47529F98C44C.jpeg

Jessica, this is what I’m saying, none of the pics I’ve put on in the last year or so have had that white box under the pic. The pics I’ve added are just their senior photos that I originally scanned, but the first ones I was able to put text UNDER the picture. If I recall correctly now the text will only go on TOP of the picture, so I’ve been putting the text to the right side but the names and birthdates don’t show up. I think the Gallery Creator changed about the time I was adding these new people who had just come on the site. I like to honor their birthdays each month on our home page. I have a number just like this with no white box. Here’s another one, attached.

Edited 07/27/18 9:33 PM
Monday, July 30, 2018 at 12:13 PM - Response #9

Those yearbook photo images have the white box included in the image. You would need to add that via an image editor on your computer prior to upload.

Monday, July 30, 2018 at 2:14 PM - Response #10

I didn’t do that before. I did it ALL on our Class Creator website. Has it changed Then? I have never used an ‘image editor.’ What would you recommend?

Edited 07/30/18 2:17 PM
Monday, July 30, 2018 at 3:05 PM - Response #11

Unfortunately, I don't remember the old editor working that way. I'm sure there are some free or inexpensive image editors available to be downloaded. I only use Photoshop which would be more expensive than what you would want for this task.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.