ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Duplicate Killer

Forums: Post Migration Items
Created on: 05/01/21 01:20 PM Views: 1269 Replies: 4
Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:20 PM
WN-OldDupe.jpg

While it's still very common to see duplicates created if you (for example) post a comment and then refresh the page to see if the comment was duplicated, the Duplicate-Killer script usually finds and removes them. But there are still times a duplicate gets missed for some reason - like this one on our What's New page. I normally delete duplicates when I find them, but I left this one there, just to see if it would be found and deleted.

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 3:57 PM - Response #1

For whatever reason, both the original and the duplicate are now missing. Not sure when that happened, since I hadn't gone back to look for a couple weeks. But it had to be the Dupe-Killer since I didn't delete them.

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 4:12 PM - Response #2

Hi John,

Did you add a new page or was this related to the page in April? We did a few updates to how the page update posts were processed back in April that should have this working better now. Try it again and see if its working for a current update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 11:44 PM - Response #3

I was just reporting that the duplicate announcement of a new page back in April is no longer there. It was still there for a week or two, but today both the original and the duplicate are gone.

I added another new page today, but it had not appeared in What's New by the time I finished the rest of what I was doing and logged off. The notice in What's New is there now with no duplicate, so if there was a dupe, it was cleared.

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 4:07 PM - Response #4

Latest duplication to occur on my site, John, happens when anyone clicks on a 'Like' option under an entry on the What's New page. Click once and it will show (2).

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.