ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unable to Upload Picture to Gallery

Forums: Class Connection Bugs
Created on: 11/23/21 04:40 PM Views: 37 Replies: 9
Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 4:40 PM

The 100% upload figure appears but the process does not complete.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 5:07 PM - Response #1

HI FC,

Are the images really large? I just had this happen where my browser timed out with a 25MB file that was 5,000 x 3000 pixels in size. The admin had only large images from their photographer so we had her resize them at https://bulkresizephotos.com/en to something 1,000 pixels or less and the browser stopped timing out on the upload.

If that isn't the issue please send me a sample file here or to info@classcreator.com

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 5:54 PM - Response #2
chevrolet-1960-convertible.jpg

Yup, borked again. Standard size stuff I've uploaded many times. Even tiny like attached.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 5:59 PM - Response #3
best-f1-cars-of-the-1950s-1-alfa-romeo-158-alfetta-giuseppe-farina-silverstone-1950-mi-goodwood-30042021.jpg

I've uploaded much larger before. Like this one in same gallery that now won't upload the tiny one. 1000 is for sure not the limit. This one is 2400 x 1340. But I've had larger too.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 8:15 PM - Response #4

It is not a limit. It is just a recommendation if they have very large files. 25MB and over 5000 pixels was the example that was timing out.

Where are you adding the file? Can you try again?

Jessica

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 8:24 AM - Response #5

Working ok now.

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 1:21 PM - Response #6

Jessica, I think might be less than 25mb. Was just making it clear that the inference of 1000 wide is not correct. It's not resolution, but the file size OR format.

5000x5000 as a png works - that's 14.5MB. So it's something else in that failed file. 25MB is a super HUGE photo. Probably a RAW format which would be that big. Those are not valid.

Gallery resizes to 1000 wide.

I just uploaded a 14.5MB PNG 5000x5000 and worked fine. Same image as a JPG is only 1.45MB.

Btw, the Photo Editor is still not working AND the gallery after you upload refresh is also broken. Both have been reported before and never fixed.

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM - Response #7

The editor in gallery is working - there are some issues with the images not always displaying that we do have a programmer checking into. It isn't happening everywhere, however, we have documented for the programmers the instances where we have also seen it - you can transform an image if you happen to know where transform is in the instances where it is happening.

I was referring to an administrator who had sent me a 25 MB jpg that was 5,000 x 3,000. It loaded on my computer just fine but it was stalling out the browser. That may have been related to a temporary issue yesterday that seemed to have been caused by too many failed hanging attempts on their site as well. She used a resizer program and everything loaded fine for her after that so it could have been a combination of her resizing and us clearing the failed connections.

Jessica

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 6:35 PM - Response #8

The Editor in the gallery does NOT work in terms of showing the "buttons". IOW, the icon code for the "buttons" are not being generated. I documented the exact error in the code. Even showed you the difference. It hasn't worked for a long time.

None of my sites have that editor working in GALLERIES.

After you upload an image in galleries, the page refreshes erratically. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. Again in multiple sites. Also been that way for a long time.

Tested Chrome and Firefox.

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 7:22 PM - Response #9

It's simply a file size limit, not a resolution limit. Just tested an 8000 x 8000 image and it worked fine as a JPG.

The upload should accurately report the error though as file size exceeded vs just saying "OOPS ..". Another bug of sorts. Been there forever also.

In comparison as PNG that image is 33MB and that failed.

It's highly unusual to have a JPG file over 25MB. The PNG file is 33MB and the JPG equivalent is 3MB. PNG is limited compression (it's like ZIP internally) so lossless. JPG is way different.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.