ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

My Video too Long for YouTube

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/19/10 08:20 PM Views: 1923 Replies: 18
Monday, July 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I have made a "Memory" Tribute video for my classmates who have passed away. It is about twelve and half minutes long. YouTube will only allow up to 10 minutes.

Any suggestion for another provider of a Playlist for Video (WMV file) that can expand that limit? Unfortunately, this video will eventually get a little longer.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 8:43 PM - Response #1

You are welcome to visit my site. My memory video is 20 minutes long. My daughter-in-law was the key to providing the background. I've had tons of compliments on it. I will find out what program she used. Utube will not support a long video. I will soon be putting another one up of our entire reunion weekend. It is still in the editing stages but we hope in the next couple of weeks it will be up and running. This will be over an hour long and Brad said we should have no problem running it. If you are unable to log on, just e-mail me and I'll add you as a guest.

Cheers!
Diane

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM - Response #2

Diane Michiels wrote:

You are welcome to visit my site. My memory video is 20 minutes long. My daughter-in-law was the key to providing the background. I've had tons of compliments on it. I will find out what program she used. Utube will not support a long video. I will soon be putting another one up of our entire reunion weekend. It is still in the editing stages but we hope in the next couple of weeks it will be up and running. This will be over an hour long and Brad said we should have no problem running it. If you are unable to log on, just e-mail me and I'll add you as a guest.

Cheers!
Diane

Hi Diane,

I am very familiar with your site, and the Memory video. Your daughter emailed me on how she built it, and that she found the graphic angels/scenes by Google. I have been using some of that great experience you have had to build my own Memory video, boy has it been frustrating, but I am getting there. I was able to use some of your angels/scenes by finding them on Google.

I just got caught off guard finding that YouTube stops me at 10 minutes. All I need to know now is another source for playlist instead of YouTube.

Thanks so much, you are a great help, and appreciated! This whole ClassCreator is made up with "helpful people" both Brad and Team, and people like yourself willing to share things learned.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM - Response #3

you are pass me on this one. I am still trying to figure out how to upload the video from my class reunion( I had it on DVD...) Anyone with a tip on how to get this on you tube? Im stuck on this on
Class of 1969
Ron

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM - Response #4

Ron Williams wrote:

you are pass me on this one. I am still trying to figure out how to upload the video from my class reunion( I had it on DVD...) Anyone with a tip on how to get this on you tube? Im stuck on this on
Class of 1969
Ron

Stay tuned. If your reunion clip is over 10 minutes, you won't get it on there. Hopefully someone has come up with another 3rd provider on this. Google is not even finding anything for me yet.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM - Response #5

Derrell,

Do you know how long it actually is? Minutes/Seconds?

If under 20 minutes, you "might" consider cutting it in half and using You Tube in that manner.

Second Question if that doesn't work. Do you have any "compression" software? I seem to think you once said you are running a Mac--are you not?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM - Response #6

It is 12 minutes, 18 seconds. No, I am not running a MAC.

I am on track of a playlist. One or our class sites has a 30 minute one on some playlist. I emailed her, up in Canada. I thought about cutting it into 2 pieces, but really want to avoid that if possible.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM - Response #7

I think I found a resource for you. Try going to Vimeo. They have both a free version and a pay version for $20. There's a lot to this program, but it might be worth a look-see. Hope this helps, if not...let me know.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM - Response #8

John Christman wrote:

I think I found a resource for you. Try going to Vimeo. They have both a free version and a pay version for $20. There's a lot to this program, but it might be worth a look-see. Hope this helps, if not...let me know.

Thanks John,

I am giving it a shot as we speak. Trying the Free version first of course. The pay version looks like $59.95/year, providing higher definition, more space use, etc. Key, my video is uploaded and being "converted". That conversion expected to take 42 minutes and I am in the cue. Paying customers move to front of cue. Laughing

This still may be the way to go though, particulary when I want to playlist our Reunion, which might be an hour or so.

Edited 07/20/10 11:09 AM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM - Response #9

You can demultiplex your DVD and post the video directly on your web site, which isn't as hard as it sounds. See this thread. If you can get access to the original video that would be even better. In either case it's pretty easy to post a video directly to your site, just let me know the format your video is in and I'll tell you how to do it.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

You can demultiplex your DVD and post the video directly on your web site, which isn't as hard as it sounds. See this thread. If you can get access to the original video that would be even better. In either case it's pretty easy to post a video directly to your site, just let me know the format your video is in and I'll tell you how to do it.

Thanks Brad. Actually, it is a video slide show I made with Adobe Photoshop Elements, so it is already a WMV file. If you mean by posting directly on the website, like in the Vault, I have already done that. It works just fine, just not a pretty as a "player" which is not a really big deal.

I am evaluating this other playlist, as I expect after the Reunion in September that I will have an hour long or so video to play. This Memory video I made is about 12 and half minutes, just a touch too big for You Tube.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM - Response #11

Derrell Pulis wrote:

That conversion expected to take 42 minutes and I am in the cue. This still may be the way to go though, particulary when I want to playlist our Reunion, which might be an hour or so.

Just beware that if a 12+ minute video is taking 42 min to convert, an hour long video "may" take 4.5 times as long. Actually it will probably take six times as long 4.5 hours or more.

I have my own software and while I had a multi-track video with 335 stills, 51 video clips, 3 music tracks, 1 voice-over track and 2 title tracks with lots of transitions, it took 16 hours to convert a 61 minute video. So be careful.

Edited 07/20/10 12:59 PM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM - Response #12

John Christman wrote:

Derrell Pulis wrote:
That conversion expected to take 42 minutes and I am in the cue. This still may be the way to go though, particulary when I want to playlist our Reunion, which might be an hour or so.

Just beware that if a 12+ minute video is taking 42 min to convert, an hour long video "may" take 4.5 times as long. Actually it will probably take six times as long 4.5 hours or more.

I have my own software and while I had a multi-track video with 335 stills, 51 video clips, 3 music tracks, 1 voice-over track and 2 title tracks with lots of transitions, it took 16 hours to convert a 61 minute video. So be careful.

Soon as I paid the yearly Premium account, it only took 2 minutes to convert...........moved right to the front of the line. Working GREAT! I probably would have paid the fee anyway, as that assures no Advertisements, which I do not like.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM - Response #13

Very Nice Derrell and I'm glad it worked out for you. I'd still consider looking for your own software to do the conversion. I noticed you had not selected the HD option and that may very well be something you will want for your hour long presentation.

Anyway, I'm glad to have been able to find you a suitable alternative to You Tube. I'm sure others will find Vimeo to be a good source, if they don't mind waiting. Wishing you a GREAT REUNION!!RazzRazz

PS If you need any help with that hour plus program, keep me in mind, I charge just like John Chidester does Brad--something along the lines of "I'd rather owe it to you, than cheat you out of it" If you are wondering what I'm talking about go to this thread

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM - Response #14

John Christman wrote:

Very Nice Derrell and I'm glad it worked out for you. I'd still consider looking for your own software to do the conversion. I noticed you had not selected the HD option and that may very well be something you will want for your hour long presentation.

Anyway, I'm glad to have been able to find you a suitable alternative to You Tube. I'm sure others will find Vimeo to be a good source, if they don't mind waiting. Wishing you a GREAT REUNION!!RazzRazz

PS If you need any help with that hour plus program, keep me in mind, I charge just like John Chidester does Brad--something along the lines of "I'd rather owe it to you, than cheat you out of it" If you are wondering what I'm talking about go to this thread

So far very pleased with this playlist software. Yes, I will use the High Definition also next time. As far as the Reunion, I have already bought my new Kodak ZI8 camera that will do HD video. Grabbed 32 gigs of memory cards, and an extra battery. I should be good to go.

Yes, I have some conversion software in mind, just haven't had time to commit yet. I am also going to Record screen shots of my system, exploring the website. I plan to make a DVD, with me talking the classmates through screens. Hope to get more classmates to join, and NOT BE perceived as changing the Reunion as another of Derrell's Computer Training Classes............Laughing

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM - Response #15

Brad,

Mine is almost 37 min long and I created it in "Windows Live Movie Maker"...any help would be appreciated. I would like to put it on our site and if possible I would like a way for people to get it off the site and copy it if they would like. Originally we were goin to charge, but I don't want to if I don't have to, this takes the pressure of me having to copy for everyone and send it to them in the mail. Is this possible? Very Happy

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 6:49 PM - Response #16

Yvette Allen wrote:

Brad,

Mine is almost 37 min long and I created it in "Windows Live Movie Maker"...any help would be appreciated. I would like to put it on our site and if possible I would like a way for people to get it off the site and copy it if they would like. Originally we were goin to charge, but I don't want to if I don't have to, this takes the pressure of me having to copy for everyone and send it to them in the mail. Is this possible? Very Happy

Brad, I would be very interested in Download capability of videos by my classmates also. As far as http://www.vimeo.com/, I have been using it a whole 4 hours or so now. I am very impressed. They do have a Free service, but just my 12 minute video made in Adobe Photosmart, they put me "in line" to convert (like 42 minutes expected. That is the service of FREE. I just paid the $59.95 per year, and got the video link ready in 2 minutes (LOL, money speaks).

Anyway, I plan to post another video after our reunion, and I fully expect it to be around an hour of video. It will work just fine on this company's playlist, keeping my Vault from building up.

However, I can't find a way the classmates could download instead of me mailing them DVDs. I would be WAY interested in such an enhancement to allow Download section or something.

Take a look at my video if you like, using http://www.vimeo.com. It is not password protected yet, and I may not. Tenth menu down on left titles "In Memory" Video.

Edited 07/20/10 6:52 PM
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #17

Yvette & Derrell,

I rather doubt CC will be able to accommodate a video that large. The bandwidth for my one hour program for the best quality I could make (which wasn't much of anything) 320 x 240 would take up 17GB. If you wanted to go up to 720i capability, now you are looking at between 150-185GB if you have music and about half that if it is a "silent flick."

What you might be able to do is look at some of these "unlimited" web hosting services that cost $5-7/month and as long as you (or anyone who wants to view it & store it on their computer, has a spare external hard drive) your good to go! I can hook you up with one of these sites--been using them for two plus years now! Send me a PM if interested.

Sorry, I'm not kidding or exaggerating!Sad

Edited 07/21/10 12:28 AM
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM - Response #18

John Christman wrote:

Yvette & Derrell,

I rather doubt CC will be able to accommodate a video that large. The bandwidth for my one hour program for the best quality I could make (which wasn't much of anything) 320 x 240 would take up 17GB. If you wanted to go up to 720i capability, now you are looking at between 150-185GB if you have music and about half that if it is a "silent flick."

What you might be able to do is look at some of these "unlimited" web hosting services that cost $5-7/month and as long as you (or anyone who wants to view it & store it on their computer, has a spare external hard drive) your good to go! I can hook you up with one of these sites--been using them for two plus years now! Send me a PM if interested.

Sorry, I'm not kidding or exaggerating!Sad

John,

If I understand correctly you are talking about posting these things for classmates to download.....That does make sense, as these files would be huge, and a storage hungry activity. At least playing an occasional long video that is hosted by a Playlist (my most recent of Vimeo), the storage doesn't take place on ClassCreator. By the way, this Vimeo so far is working out quite nicely!!! Thanks John!

Actually, I am probably an exception for computers, but I have a full server with FTP capability here at my home as well as 2 private Domain servers. If I got serious about allowing download, I could probably do that with my own equipment. Haven't thought this completely through, just something that popped into my mind couple days ago, then Yvette was interested also. Smile

Edited 07/21/10 12:47 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.