ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading CD/DVD

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/10/09 03:50 PM Views: 2751 Replies: 2
Monday, August 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM

One of our classmates had a CD/DVD containing clips of high school events. We played it as a loop at our reunion on my computer.
I would like to upload it. I read on the forum that the easiest way was to first upload it to You Tube. What I don't understand is what to upload. The CD/DVD has multiple folders that seem to contain components. Am I missing something? Do I need to convert it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ilene

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 4:12 PM - Response #1

Yes, you need to convert it. If you want to get all technical, when a consumer-format DVD is made (which is what you have) a thing called "multiplexing" happens. That basically just means that the video is put into a format that can be played by consumer DVD players and computers. The problem with a disc that has been multiplexed is now that's the ONLY thing the disc can do. You can't upload a multiplexed DVD to Youtube.

So, what you need to do is demultiplex the DVD into a format that Youtube understands, such as wmv or mpg. There are numerous demultiplexing products on the market, and many major video editing software applications can demultiplex a consumer DVD.

If you do a Google search for "demultiplex DVD" there are several products that will come up that will all work. Some are pretty inexpensive, around $30 bucks or so. With software like this you can convert your DVD to a Youtube-compatible format and then easily upload your video.

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM - Response #2

Thanks as always. You make those of us who manage these websites look sooo good. I got so many compliments at our reunion last Saturday.
Ilene

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.