ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Poll Questions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/09 08:50 PM Views: 3030 Replies: 23
Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Ok, all you brilliant people out there. What are some fun poll questions for a 1960 class site?

I'm using "if you were transported back to high school, what would you take with you- cell phone, ipod, internet, GPS, DVD, credit card".

Remember it's 1960...

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM - Response #1

Some poll ideas:

Ideas 1

Ideas 2

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 10:50 PM - Response #2

Ours is a class from 1959. I've been doing polls on drinking, smoking, marriage - how long, college - highest degree, residence and American cars.

I'm planning also... hair, then and now, military service, languages spoken, tattoos, # of states lived in, among others.

I've posted the final results of polls we've already done here.

I post my polls just after midnight on Sunday nights. I see a very large spike on Mondays of classmates logging on to look at the new poll.

Our reunion is September 26 and I'll post a new poll every Sunday Night (tonights is We all lived in Michigan when we graduated? Where do you live now?), to keep interest in our site.

Edited 08/02/09 11:04 PM
Monday, August 3, 2009 at 1:00 AM - Response #3

I never thought of ipod, cell,etc. We're a 60's class. Hope it turns out well.
Lara
GHS, MS

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM - Response #4

I am not sure what was going on in 1960 and I cannot do the links others have done. If you were making out at a drive in theater, check out my home page for a poll on drive ins. We have had fun with this. We were classes 67-69.

I have also made out Who's Who questionaires to see who has been reading profiles. I try to include a majority of the names in the answer choices. Who now lives in Montana? Who is certified in hypnosis? Who did not become a teacher?

For what it is worth...

Friday, August 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM - Response #5

Drive-ins were very popular in 1960. I checked your home page, but, did not see a poll about drive-ins. Did I miss it somewhere ?

Friday, August 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM - Response #6

There is an option on "Edit Home Page" to only have a poll appear if the member is logged in. This might be what is happening.

Also, if I remember right, only a person logged in to the website can submit an answer to the poll. For a Survey, only a logged in classmate can even see the survey.

Friday, August 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Response #7

Correct, and correct.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM - Response #8

Well, going back and hunting this down, I thought I would share what is going up on two sites later tonight.

Oh, Valentine's is creeping up! How old were you when you participated in your first serious boy/girl kiss? The one that scared you breathless?

Elementary School
Seventh/Eighth Grade
Freshman/Sophomore year
Junior/Senior year
Post high school

I am interested to see what they say!

Margaret

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 1:52 PM - Response #9

Updating the poll sharing...

Can you curl or turn your tongue sideways?
Yes
No

Just up for Valentine's Day:

In our youth, we dreamed of true love. What do you think now? (Answers are anonymous.) After you respond to the poll, you will see the results which are constantly updated.

True love is only a fantasy of youth.

True love may exist, but I never experienced it.

True love is not what I imagined.

True love has been fulfilling.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM - Response #10

Well, I am carrying on with my poll archive... Very Happy

This one is having some interesting answers. Test Date is winning at this time.

Remember Coke dates? What was that all about? (Answers are anonymous.) After you respond to the poll, you will see the results which are constantly updated.

A: A Coke Date meant Broke Date: He could not afford anything else.

B: A Coke Date meant School Night Date: Home early!

C: A Coke Date meant Test Date: I want to see how this is going to work out before I commit to even being with you for more than an hour or so.

D: A Coke Date meant Token Date: I really want to hang with my friends later.

E: A Coke Date was Shy Date: I like you, but am a little nervous about all of this!

F: A Coke Date was simply a date.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 9:59 PM - Response #11

Margaret -- I like your poll -- thanks for sharing. I would check "test date"

Sandy

Friday, February 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM - Response #12

That seems to be the popular vote on my sites. That is what I thought they were back in the day.

Your welcome and thanks. I will just keep putting my polls up here very two weeks. Check back now and then.

Margaret

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM - Response #13

This poll came as a result to a lengthy discussion on Facebook on our community page. I am hoping to see a lot of participation since they came up with the poll.

The responses are particular to our area and the decade we were in school. You might have to adjust them for your situation.

Rumor: WHS teens went parking! Where did you "hear" the favorite parking place was? Answers are anonymous and you will see what others said as soon as you respond.

1. Close to home: driveways, in front of the house, something like that

2. Near water: Delta Lake, Stink Lake, the Waterfalls, other

3. Small airports: Mercedes, Progreso, other

4. Agricultural places: orchards, fields, levees, other

5. Social setting: the Wes-Mer Drive In, other

6. Unknown: a little drive off of a paved road, down another gravel road, and then down a back road. You know the drill...

Margaret

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM - Response #14

We will see how this goes! It just popped into my tired, old head as I was staring at the blank poll!

Simple yes or no....Have you ever been skinny dipping? (Okay, the bathtub does not count, but you can include the hot tub!) As always, answers are anonymous, and you can see what others have said after you answer.

1. Yes

2. No

Monday, April 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM - Response #15

I am actually getting a lot of responses on the above skinny dipping, but the other site has a different question this time:

Have you ever jumped out of an airplane?

Margaret

Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM - Response #16

Everyone on my sites graduated between 1972 and 1967. Many of them have parents well over 90. I got curious, so I asked.

Now, right here between Mother's and Father's days, let's take a look at longevity. As usual, your answers are anonymous and you can see the totals once you answer. Please check which answer applies to you.

1. Neither of my parents are living.
2. Only my mother is still living.
3. Only my father is still living.
4. Both of my parents are still living.

M:O)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM - Response #17

Thanks, I used this one. Credit cards won hands down.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 2:37 PM - Response #18

Credit cards? Hm, now that gives me an idea which I will use!

What form of money do you use the most on a day to day basis? (Okay, that could be worded better on form of money part!)

Credit cards
Debit card
Cash
Check

Did I leave anything out?

Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM - Response #19

We are getting ready to open a gallery on one of the sites about out senior year. Here is the current poll.

In honor of the new gallery about our senior year, let's look back: Did you go to the prom your senior year? As always, answers are anonymous and you can see what others have said after you click a choice.

Yes
No
I don't remember.

Monday, June 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM - Response #20

I think the poll question links are broken.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM - Response #21

What do you mean? I got your comment here. Please enlighten me. M:O)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM - Response #22

I was referring to Brad Switzer comment from 2009 that has links for two groups of questions to use for the poll feature. I've been there before but no the links don't take me to the questions. Is there another way to get to them?

Sorry I didn't make sense with the first post.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM - Response #23

His two links are pointing to THESE forums, which work for me:

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....DDA-03A9994A467E9122

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....3A6-F95F10FEC1011514

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.