ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Ideas for Poll Questions ~

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/07/09 10:42 AM Views: 3333 Replies: 12
Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Can anyone give me some fresh ideas on questions to ask on the polls? I have used favorite teacher, school lunches, favorite class, etc. What I'm looking for is more geared to the present and I only have 23 days left to our reunion and I just need some ideas to keep my site fresh and new as I like to change the poll every week or so. My classmates love doing the polls!

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #1

How about something on Michael Jackson? Too much media coverage or his legacy to the music industry or about his children's future or the cause of his death? Will enablers be charged? Its current!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 5:29 PM - Response #2

I'm the Administrator on our All-Years website and several of our private individual class websites. I have not taken the time.... but my wife has done a fantastic job of JUST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!

Check out the 22 weekly quiz questions she has done so far. CLICK ON THE 'TIGER TEST' link to see them. This will probably give you some ideas for your polls.

Her next reunion is September 26, 2009 and she says she plans on doing one every week until then!

Stefanie has not used the poll or survey format for her questions because she wants it all to stay up and visible, so everyone can easily (always) see the questions and answers. She also likes to keep in contact and make it all more personal with her classmates via email responses. But it would still be easy enough to use the 'Survey Maker' or the 'Poll' feature.

The only problem with the poll is you can't track who is participating and you can't save the poll. It has its purpose. For example, if you want to allow classmates to stay anonymous about certain questions you may pose....it works well for that and it is quick and easy compared to what she is doing or what the 'Survey' allows you to do.

I'm sure you and others will get some great ideas from Stefanie's examples... and what is neat is that you can see the questions and all of the answers that are added the next week.

Although not all of the questions/answers apply to other schools or other decades (other than the 60's), many of them are general or could be modified easily enough. Some of them may work for you and you will have a ready made quiz, ready for you to SNAG. If you use her ideas, layouts and or photos, I would appreciate it if you would give her credit and personally thank her by using the 'Contact Us' tab at her class website: www.SPHS69.org

Have fun!

Bruce

P.S. Stefanie is a digital scrapbook expert (NOT to be confused with traditional scrap booking). She is a member of the N.A.P.P. (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). This is why her quiz layouts may look a little nicer than something you come up with. For ideas you can view her weekly blog updates, post comments or ask for free advice at: http://stefstyleblog.blogspot.com

Edited 07/07/09 6:32 PM
Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM - Response #3

I've been polling the class about the reunion. What they like to drink? Should we serve alcohol? Do they want it casual or dressy? How much money is to much for a reunion?

Maybe you could ask if they are packed and ready to go? Did they go on a diet before the reunion? Things like that.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM - Response #4

We have had good response to our request to tell
"One REALLY COOL thing nobody knows about me". We have had some terrific and humorous answers!

Gayle
Huguenot High School Class of 1969

Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 9:28 AM - Response #5

Thank you all for some really great ideas! I am already untilizing your ideas and appreciate your input.

It is so awesome to have this support, not only from Brad and Jessica, but from other website administrators who always stop and answer a question someone may have or help solve a problem.

Thanks again and hope you all have a great weekend! Very Happy

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 10:11 PM - Response #6

We are currently asking "How Did You Find This Site?".

Friday, August 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM - Response #7

Great ideas!

Would it be possible to get questions 1 thru 17?

Thank You,

Dave

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM - Response #8

To Bruce Escander at Pasedena High...is there any way we can get a list of the Poll Questions in your Tiger Test? It's password protected!

Thanks also for the Poll on How did you find this site fron another post above! That's perfect since we're only 4 months in the making and still trying to find classmates!

Thanks to everyone else for the great ideas! Now I have a place to start!

Friday, December 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM - Response #9

Bruce,
I know it has been a long time since your post but could I get a copy of your poll questions.

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 9:38 PM - Response #10

We use a poll of "Do you remember?". We just find some old or new fact about our area and ask if they remember. It does bring a lot of people back to the site. it is usually easy to come up with questions.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 2:36 AM - Response #11

Ray Guim wrote:

We use a poll of "Do you remember?". We just find some old or new fact about our area and ask if they remember. It does bring a lot of people back to the site. it is usually easy to come up with questions.

Hi Ray,

Do you use the "Do you remember?" in the home page POLL or as a survey? I'm thinking.. survey. Smile

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM - Response #12

Yes. As a survey. It does get people on our site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.