ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

CC Backups

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/01/22 12:17 PM Views: 3203 Replies: 4
Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:17 PM

I've had a Classmate 'strongly' suggest that we should have a backup of our database. Please explain CC backup schedule(s) so I can share with him that you have addressed this subject. Thank you.

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:54 PM - Response #1

CC can weigh in on this, but CC uses Amazon Web Services, which I'm sure has multiple redundant backups in place. Someone with more technical knowledge must weigh in with more details.

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 2:27 PM - Response #2

Multiple databackups throughout the day as well as full backups every night locally and across multiple external backup sites.

All images backed up on Amazon cloud.

Full server backups.

Internal to your site when you save an editor page it keeps backups to restore from if needed.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 2:41 PM - Response #3

This same topic was discussed in this Forum on 07/09. Click link to see. Jessica gives an excellent description of the backup process here.

Your text to link here...

Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 9:03 PM - Response #4

Deborah "Deb" Rousseau wrote:

I've had a Classmate 'strongly' suggest that we should have a backup of our database. Please explain CC backup schedule(s) so I can share with him that you have addressed this subject. Thank you.

I suspect your classmate was referring to what is called a "tarball". That's a giant zip file that has ALL the software required to restore. You can use that file to transport to any vendor and get a duplicate site up and running. It's the way that typical private sites keep a system "backup" in case they need to restart. They have created ALL the pages and do not rely on any other software - aside from the server itself.

As I explained in the link Phil gave, there is no such equivalent for CC. (see link for explanation)

There are a few global backups of images and classlist profile data. But that's not really the same as "tarball". It would have been appreciated to have CC supply a single file that would at least have a copy of all the pages and images. For now, one has to manually create copies of all the pages. You do that by opening each page in the Editor, do a COPY ALL and then PASTE that into Notepad and saving

Edited 09/01/22 9:05 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.