ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statistics

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/03/09 05:46 PM Views: 1695 Replies: 6
Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Hi,
I've been meaning to ask why we don't have the statistics on August 14th? I had one of the admins hacking around that time. They were making changes and I wondered if it was an attempt to take their name off of the Statistics that shows times and when they were on the site.

I had seen his and another person's name on late at night. I went back in and the names and times were gone.

Does it keep names and times permanently or does it take names and time off when they go in later and just put the updated time?

I know you keep track of sign ins and only count them once a day. That's why I wondered if the program just removes the old time when you go back in again.

Were you guys working on something that day that would have affected that loss of a statistic bar?

Thanks
N

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 5:49 PM - Response #1

We had the same issue, so it just must have been a glitch in the system that day. I never asked about it, but am glad it wasn't just me.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM - Response #2

Larry Gilbert wrote:

We had the same issue, so it just must have been a glitch in the system that day. I never asked about it, but am glad it wasn't just me.

The answer can be found HERE

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 6:15 PM - Response #3

Thanks to both of you! I didn't want to accuse anyone although I knew of the other.

It could have been that ditch digger he has up too! I do remember the Microsoft thing changing.

I went to the discussion on that when you gave me the link.

Brad said this:

RE: Statistics Bar Chart Error
Posted Monday, August 17, 2009 at 3:18 PM

We tracked the login tracking issue on the 14th down to a required server reboot. It was a Microsoft-released update where they had closed some security issues, and the reboot stopped the login tracking script from executing. Unfortunately that data is not recoverable, so the 14th is going to be a mystery day.

The visitor tracking is working fine. I can't tell you why 50 people came to the site today, but if that's what happened, that's what happened. Maybe somebody posted the link to it somewhere new today? Are you running Analytics so you can see where your site traffic is coming from? In any case, the visitor tracker is just fine.

Where do you go to see what traffic you are getting? (Is that just the list of people logged on or is there a place to see who else could be looking at the site?

Thanks again Kyle good luck with your new job! Congrats!

Thank you!
N

Friday, September 4, 2009 at 12:24 PM - Response #4

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Larry Gilbert wrote:

The answer can be found HERE

Kyle . . .
My question is not about statistics. I want to know how to point someone (found HERE) to the middle of a webpage instead of listing the webpage (url address) which takes them to the top of the page. I understand how to use the link button, but like I said that only takes the classmate to the top of that page.

For example, I want to tell classmates to go to the Reunion Planner and pay by Credit Card or Check. I can "Click Here" that will take them to the TOP of the Reunion Planner page, BUT I want to take (point) them to the "THEIR" registration form at the bottom of the "THEIR" form where they need to purchase the items that they have selected.

How did you find the location to point people to the answer to the question in the middle of the page above?

Kudos Kyle,
CAV

Friday, September 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM - Response #5

. . . CAV . . . wrote:

Kyle . . .
My question is not about statistics. I want to know how to point someone (found HERE) to the middle of a webpage instead of listing the webpage (url address) which takes them to the top of the page. I understand how to use the link button, but like I said that only takes the classmate to the top of that page.

For example, I want to tell classmates to go to the Reunion Planner and pay by Credit Card or Check. I can "Click Here" that will take them to the TOP of the Reunion Planner page, BUT I want to take (point) them to the "THEIR" registration form at the bottom of the "THEIR" form where they need to purchase the items that they have selected.

How did you find the location to point people to the answer to the question in the middle of the page above?

Kudos Kyle,
CAV

What I did above was SEARCH the forums for the word "August 14" because I had seen it before. The link brought up was to the specific post in the thread, so I just posted that link - the exact thread ID.

What you might want to know about is called ANCHORS and LINKS. You first create the anchor, then create a link to that anchor, so the link includes the HTTP Page and also a NUMBER SIGN and the anchor name.

For example your link would be like this:
http://www.classcreator.com/YourSchoolName/class_custom4.cfm#_FAQs_

Where the ANCHOR name is "_FAQs_" and inside of the SOURCE, it looks like this:
(FAQs)
where (FAQs) has normal text display.

For a discussion about Anchors, see this forum:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=3D28B0C3-C62A-6B31-092DD0DD067FA4B1

Edited 09/04/09 12:59 PM
Friday, September 4, 2009 at 3:13 PM - Response #6

Note we have a built in anchor on the registration page called: reunionsignup

If you link directly to that anchor you'll jump people directly to the exact spot on the page where they need to complete their registration.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.